Woman dies after eating ONE gummy ‘cannabis sweet’ she bought on messaging app


The Metropolitan Police said a 23-year-old woman purchased the “gummies” – which they suspect to contain a synthetic form of Class B drug cannabis – through a messaging app on her phone before they were delivered to her home in Ilford, east London on March 29

A 23-year-old woman has died after eating a single cannabis-laced sweet, the Metropolitan Police said

A woman has died in east London after consuming a suspected cannabis sweet, according to the Metropolitan Police.

The force said the 23-year-old woman purchased the “gummies” via a messaging app on her phone and they were delivered to her home in Ilford, on March 29.

The sweets came in packaging branded with ” Trrlli Peachie O’s ” and the woman and a 21-year-old friend both ate one each but both immediately fell ill.

They were taken to an east London hospital for treatment but the 23-year-old subsequently died in hospital on April 2.

The Met said her identity was not being released at this time. The 21-year-old has since been discharged from hospital following treatment.







A man has been arrested in connection with her death
(

Image:

Getty Images/iStockphoto)

A man was arrested in connection with the incident on April 1 and subsequently charged with possession with intent to supply Class B synthetic cannabinoid, being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid, and possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance.

The force said he was found in possession of a large quantity of cash and what were believed to be edible cannabis products.

Officers have issued a warning over the sweets and said a number have been recovered and are being tested.

The Met said the case may be linked to another incident in March where a woman was taken to hospital after eating a sweet cannabis in Tower Hamlets.

She has since been discharged but an inquiry is underway to establish whether the sweet was from the same batch involved in the Ilford death.

Chief Superintendent Stuart Bell, of the Met’s East Area Basic Command Unit, said: “I must warn the public against taking any illegal substances, including those packaged in the form of cannabis sweets.







The Met say it could be linked to another case which involved a woman in Tower Hamlets being hospitalized after eating a “gummie”
(

Image:

Getty Images/iStockphoto)

“Please do not buy or consume these products. They are illegal and, because of the child-friendly packaging, they can pose a risk of accidental consumption.

“The particular batch of sweets were contained in packaging featuring Trrlli Peachie O’s branding. It has not been confirmed at this stage where the sweets were manufactured.

“Drug dealers harm communities and risk the safety of individuals. We will take positive action to target those engaged in this activity as well as those found in possession of these substances.

“Anyone with information about people selling illegal products such as these is asked to speak with local officers, call police on 101 or, to remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers.”

Read More

Read More




www.mirror.co.uk

See also  AP News Digest 3:40 a.m.

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.