Vile thug spat at two police officers while waiting in the Royal Alexandra Hospital

A disgusting yob spat at police officers while waiting for treatment at the Royal Alexandra Hospital.

While others were trying to maintain social distancing, Kevin Kerr spat on two police officers during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic on November 2 last year.

The 21-year-old appeared at Paisley Sheriff Court via video-link from young offenders’ institute Polmont, where he admitted to spitting at PC Rachel McKenzie and PC Tamara Alexander.

The thug also admitted to shouting, swearing, repeatedly demanding entry to a property on Morven Avenue and kicking the door of the home on November 6.

Deputed prosecutor David McDonald told the court: “In the early hours of November 2, police had caused to convey the accused to the Royal Alexandra Hospital.

“It was noted Kerr was under the influence of something.

“While awaiting for assessment, the accused began spitting at the officers.

“Due to the ongoing pandemic and his behaviour, a spit hood was applied.

“Kerr was assessed and deemed fit to be released into police custody and was taken to Govan police station where he was not formally cautioned and charged due to his intoxication.”

Court heard that the following day, Kerr turned up at a property in Morven Avenue, Paisley, demanding access, stating the house belonged to him.

Mr McDonald added: “Around 11pm on November 6, Kerr attended at the front door of a property on Morven Avenue and chapped the door.

“The householders were asleep, but were awoken by this and one attended at the door to look through the spyhole and saw what they believed was a drunk male standing there.

“They refused to open the door and Kerr became aggressive and started kicking the door stating, ‘I live here, this is my house’.

“He was swearing and so on and police were contacted.

“Officers arrived and spoke with the householders, but an area search was negative.

“Around 11.30pm, Kerr returned to the same address and knocked on the door. This was ignored and police were contacted again.

“The householders saw the police and opened their window and told them Kerr was further up the street.

“He was found in Grampian Avenue, where he was arrested.”

Don’t miss the latest headlines from around Renfrewshire. Sign up to our newsletters here.

Defense agent Michael McKeown told the court his client has been in remand for five months for this offense which was “the equivalent of a ten-month sentence.”

Mr McKeown said: “He was only 20 at the time of the offense and has never spent any time in remand until this offence.

“I would ask he is granted bail for the preparation of reports.”

Sheriff Eoin McGinty granted bail and deferred sentencing for the preparation of reports until May 23.

Kerr was released on bail to his mother’s address in Paisley and placed on a curfew, keeping him inside between 9.30pm and 7am each day.

Download the FREE Renfrewshire Live app now for all the latest news, features and sport in your area. Available on both Android and Apple. Down load

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *