Tyson Fury’s next fight explained with Dillian Whyte update and Anthony Joshua’s £15m offer

[ad_1]

Tyson Fury’s return to the ring isn’t too far off now, though there is still some uncertainty as to who his opponent will be.

Gypsy King’s camp has been pushing for a late March fight date, booking a Saturday at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium, but it seems extremely unlikely that it will be used amid the long delay in proceedings.

While Fury has been ordered by the WBC to defend his heavyweight title against Dillian Whyte, the two fighters have been unable to come to an agreement thus far.

Meanwhile, Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Oleksandr Usyk remains under scrutiny amid ongoing talk of the British Olympian quitting, and that could bring Fury onto the scene.

Here is everything you need to know about the current situation.

Dillian Whyte Wallet Deals

Purse offers for Fury’s WBC-mandated clash with Whyte have been delayed no fewer than four times, with the latest date being Friday, January 28.

So far negotiations have yielded no results, and Whyte is unhappy with the 80-20 split in Fury’s favour, while Fury’s camp believes that is more than enough.

While Whyte continues to push for more, there is a danger that he will lose himself entirely in the middle of the conversation about the unification fight with Oleksandr Usyk, although that would require Anthony Joshua to step aside.

anthony joshua offer

Since suffering the loss to Usyk, Joshua has exercised his rematch clause with the Ukrainian, but again, there is a significant lack of progress and questions remain on whether he will step aside.

See also  How to get Hotel Chocolat's velvetiser for £20 off today

A reported fee of £15m has been tabled, which would see Joshua then face the winner of a unification fight, but he backed off reports that he had agreed to those terms.

Still, with no confirmation thus far on the end of his association with Rob McCracken, Joshua’s ability to enter a fight of the magnitude with Usyk is in question.

It could be that Joshua steps aside, but Fury could still take on Whyte in the meantime.

Eddie Hearn’s claim

Speaking on Thursday, promoter Eddie Hearn said: “Fury doesn’t want to fight Usyk, in my opinion, because he had the opportunity to do so through these discussions and really, when it comes down to it, he really doesn’t want to,” he said. Eddie Hearn.

“What Fury really wants to do is have a really easy one in March, that’s what he really wants to do. Now, he’s going to have to fight Dillian Whyte and now, after all this fuss, he’s going to get beaten by Dillian Whyte.” , Dillian Whyte will knock him out.

“The reality is, he never really wanted to fight Oleksandr Usyk because he could have gone straight to it, but he didn’t want to fight Usyk straight. But you’ll never hear that and the public will never hear that, you’ll just hear Fury on Instagram yelling and Screaming”.

Tyson Fury gives update

Fury shared an update on his social media pages Thursday, all but confirming Whyte as his next opponent.

“I can’t wait to punch Dillian Whyte in the face,” he said. “I’m going to give him the best hiding place he’s ever had, boy. Dillian Whyte, train hard because you’re going to get wiped out.”

See also  Woman 'too embarrassed' by symptoms to get help diagnosed with chronic illness

alternate opponents

While Whyte remains Fury’s most likely opponent, alternative names have been touted, including Robert Helenius and Manuel Charr.

Both would allow Fury to be active before a unification fight and still have his return to a UK ring, but it would require a major change.

Such a fight would have to see a complete breakdown in talks with Whyte, as well as Joshua vs. Usyk moving forward.



[ad_2]
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.