Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte deals explained: What happens next and Anthony Joshua’s decision

[ad_1]

Tyson Fury’s WBC-mandated heavyweight title fight with Dillian Whyte will be auctioned in Mexico City on Friday night.

Negotiating with Whyte’s team has proven difficult as their fighter looks to take more than the 20% that Fury’s camp offers.

This has caused the deadline for bag offers to be pushed back several times, most recently on Wednesday this week, for negotiations to continue regarding the current 80:20 split proposed by Fury’s team.

A WBC statement earlier in the month said: “If there is no agreement between the parties, an auction will be held on Tuesday, January 18 at noon at the WBC headquarters in Mexico City.” That date was later pushed back to tonight.

What’s the latest?

Whyte is the mandatory challenger for Fury’s WBC belt and it looks like he will be the Gypsy King’s next opponent with Anthony Joshua now believed to be unwilling to step aside for Fury to face Oleksandr Usyk in a fight of unification.

The Fury vs Whyte title fight will now go to auction, meaning the promoter who bids the highest amount will win the right to host it.

Fury’s promoters are Bob Arum and Frank Warren, while Whyte is represented by Eddie Hearn.

Usyk will face Joshua in a rematch after the Ukrainian’s shock victory over the Briton last year.

What have the promoters said?

speaking Thursday, hear said: “Fury doesn’t want to fight Usyk, in my opinion, because he had the opportunity to do so through these discussions and really, when it came down to it, he really didn’t want to,” Eddie Hearn stated. .

See also  Bristol City 1-1 Sheffield United: Morgan Gibbs-White's acrobatic strike rescues a point for Blades

“What Fury really wants to do is have a really easy one in March, that’s what he really wants to do. Now, he’s going to have to fight Dillian Whyte and now, after all this fuss, he’s going to get beaten by Dillian Whyte.” , Dillian Whyte will knock him out.

“The reality is, he never really wanted to fight Oleksandr Usyk because he could have gone straight to it, but he didn’t want to fight Usyk straight. But you’ll never hear that and the public will never hear that, you’ll just hear Fury on Instagram yelling and Screaming”.

Dillian Whyte and Tyson Fury are in negotiations regarding a heavyweight fight later this year.
Eddie Hearn and Dillian Whyte.

Hearn had previously said: “We’re still moving towards Joshua vs. Usyk, at a London stadium in April, and Fury vs. Whyte (as planned), but there are still people who would like to see Fury vs. Usyk for the undisputed and I would be willing to pay a lot of money for it.

“If there is a lot of money in the pot and a plan can be implemented to make all the fighters happy, then there is a chance that it will happen, but the problem is time.

“A lot of things are needed for that fight to take place. These talks started a month ago, but they are very complex.”

Hearn added: “We want Joshua and Dillian to be happy with the whole scenario – it’s boxing, it’s complicated and there’s a lot of money involved, so it’s getting even more complicated.”

“We’re not really getting close to a deal for Whyte vs. Fury, everyone knows there are arbitrations and legal cases and appeals on various things and that explains the delay.”

See also  Racism: What I learned when I moved to the United States and stopped being perceived as white | Ideas

Bob Arum, who promotes Fury in the US, told Sky Sports last week: “If he wants the fight and stops messing around, he can get a good payday and show he has a world-class caliber of fighting. to Fury. We’d like to do that fight. It’s a good fight for the UK.

Whyte should sit with myself and [Fury’s UK promoter] Frank Warren and let’s work out a collateral deal, and we’ll get this show rolling. Come to the table and let’s see if we can come to a real deal. Let’s stop messing around.”

Arum also told TalkSPORT: “It’s total chaos. What’s going on is just promises coming out of the Middle East about doing a unified fight with Usyk and Fury, and Dillian Whyte will step aside.”

“And people who have absolutely no contractual ties, like Frank Warren’s Queensberry and our Top Rank, are getting involved. It’s a typical terrible situation, but I hope it gets resolved and it probably gets resolved with a portfolio.” Bid on Friday.”



[ad_2]
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.