The Queen’s plans to host Christmas Day at Sandringham before going to St Magdalene Church is also reported to go ahead – it will be her first Christmas without her husband Prince Philip, who died in April
Image: Getty Images)
The Queen is still going ahead with her Christmas plans, despite the surge of Omicron cases, it has been reported.
Her Majesty, 95, will host an evening with wine, crackers and a feast inside the castle with extended family — before going to Sandringham, Norfolk, for Christmas itself, it is said.
The monarch’s plans to host Christmas Day at Sandringham before going to St Magdalene Church are also reported to go ahead.
It will be the Queen’s first Christmas without her husband Prince Philip, who died in April at the age of 99.
A source told The Sun : “Currently it is going ahead but obviously it will be under review right up until the last moment.”
Love the royals? Sign up for the Mirror’s daily newsletter to get all the latest news on the Queen, Charles, Kate, Wills, Meghan, Harry and the rest of The Firm. Click here to sign up .
The party has reportedly been moved from Buckingham Palace to Windsor where the Queen currently resides.
An insider has told The Sun that the Queen doesn’t want anything to get in the way of such an important family event.
They added: “It will likely be the first time so many family members have been together since Philip’s funeral.
“But obviously everyone must act responsibly and things can change in a short period of time but as it stands they’re all set for Tuesday.”
It is understood that three of her four newest great-grandchildren – August, Lucas and Siena – are expected to be at the party.
The Queen will then go to Sandringham via helicopter for Christmas.
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Archie and Lilibet are not flying over for Christmas this year.
She has already recorded her Christmas Day telly address after ITV cameras went to Windsor Castle several weeks ago.
Last month, the Queen told her family she is well enough to host Christmas at Sandringham after recovering from a back sprain.
She assured them she is feeling “far better” and is “looking forward” to the traditional festive get together at her Norfolk estate.
Concern for the Queen’s health has been heightened in recent months after she pulled out of a number of major engagements.
Her Majesty was resting under doctors’ orders at Windsor Castle after getting injured nearly last month and in October spending a night in hospital for an unconfirmed condition.