The girls saw their father’s toes sticking out of a shallow grave with ‘hands severed’

[ad_1]

Two girls found the body of a suspected murdered man after seeing his toes sticking out of a shallow grave.

Tomasz Dembler’s murder trial began this week when five people appeared in court accused of killing the 39-year-old father.

He suffered a broken back, 15 broken ribs, a fracture and probably had his hands cut off when he died, a court has heard.

On Monday, the court heard that a Home Office pathologist’s report found that Dembler’s injuries were likely to have affected the use of his lower body.

The report found that the hypostasis had been established before Mr. Dembler was buried, and that his hands were likely cut off after his death.

An autopsy found that he was likely kicked and stomped on repeatedly and that the injuries to his neck may have been caused by pressure from his attacker’s arm.

Two young men found the body after going on a picnic in the wooded area
Two young men found the body after going on a picnic in the wooded area

The prosecution say Mr Dembler, who lived in Middlesbrough, was killed in the hours after 3.35am on Sunday March 21, shortly after he answered a phone call from a friend asking for a ride.

The father, who was separated from his partner, told his friend that he was at a party in Middlesbrough and that he couldn’t help her, according to Teesside Live.

Peter Makepeace QC told Teesside Crown Court that Mr Dembler died that morning; his hands were severed from his body and he was buried the next day, in a shallow grave near Flatts Lane Country Park in Normanby.

See also  PSV Eindhoven vs Leicester City, Europa Conference League live: score latest updates

The prosecution played CCTV footage showing six separate trips some of the accused made between Mr Dembler’s home on Edward Street and Flatts Lane, after they were charged with murdering him.

The first trips, Makepeace told the jury, were reconnaissance trips to see where they could dispose of the body.

Mr. Dembler’s body was found weeks later, on April 12, by two girls who were having an impromptu picnic in the woods.

Police examined the area where Tomasz's body was found to try to find evidence in the case.
Police examined the area where Tomasz’s body was found to try to find evidence in the case.

They saw her toes on the ground and called the police.

Zbigniew Pawlowski, 41, of Leven Street, Newport, Middlesbrough; Rafal Chmielewski, 37, of Birchington Avenue, Grangetown; Adam Czerwinski, 45, from Edward St, North Ormesby, Middlesbrough; Tomasz Reczycki, 37, of Ashfield Avenue, Grove Hill, Middlesbrough and Monika Solerska, 37, of Birchington Avenue, Grangetown are charged with murder.

All five deny the murder.

On Monday afternoon, the court heard some of the defendants blame each other.

Makepeace told the jury that Chmielewski will claim that he saw Zbigniew Pawlowski beat Dembler to death and that Pawlowski held a gun to his head when he wanted to call an ambulance.

Chmielewski claims, Makepeace continued, that Pawlowski cut off Dembler’s hands and stuffed them into a suitcase.

The indictment says Chmielewski’s girlfriend, Monika Solerska, the only women charged, claims she was upstairs on Edward Street the night of the alleged party and was unaware of anything that happened.

See also  'Alien figure on Mars': why people say an anonymous chunk of rock is proof of life on the red planet

Prosecutors say Solerska is captured on CCTV driving her Mercedes down Ormesby Bank to the burial site on Sunday March 21, but she claims the trip was a social one.

The prosecution told a hushed court that Czerwinski last saw Dembler in his downstairs bedroom, in the small row house he shared with him and others, and that Dembler was with Pawlowski.

Like Chmielewski, the prosecution says Tomasz Reczycki will claim he saw Pawlowski hit Dembler and was too scared to intervene.

The court heard that Pawlowski’s defense will say that he left Edward Street at 11pm that night and knew nothing of a murder.

Dembler moved to the UK 20 years ago from Poland.

His life took a downward spiral after he separated from the mother of his child and moved to Middlesbrough, taking a room in Czerwinski’s rented terraced house, where the prosecution says he was murdered.

Makepeace told the court that Tomasz had become estranged from his family, who found it difficult to accept his use of alcohol and illicit drugs.

His last message to his mother in Poland read “leave me alone”.

The trial continues.

Don’t miss out on the latest news from Scotland and beyond – sign up for our daily newsletter here.



[ad_2]
www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.