Terrifying footage shows horror moment thug attacked woman with knife and hammer


Shocking footage shows the horrifying moment a thug wielding a knife and hammer attacked a vulnerable woman in the street.

David Nash was a former friend of the victim, a neighbor who lived close by on the same estate as him.

He used to drive her and two pals to the train station, but fell out after Nash made ‘suggestive remarks’ towards the group.

The pair became involved in an ongoing row following the incident, until it boiled over in September last year, Manchester Evening News reports.

Two days before the assault, Nash messaged the woman: “You pass this gaff and I’ll dive out and smash your f****** teeth all over the pavement and dance on your brains.”

About an hour after he sent that text, Nash attacked another of the victim’s friends after she walked past his home following an exercise class.

He burst out of his flat before shoving her into some bushes.

Then, two days later, the three women had been to a shop when they walked past Nash’s flat.

Nash ran out, armed with a hammer in his right hand and a knife in his left, at about 7pm on September 25 last year.

The footage showed Nash approaching the victim, who was wearing a yellow dress, while wielding the hammer.

David Nash has been jailed for two-and-a-half years over the 'disgraceful' incident.
David Nash has been jailed for two-and-a-half years over the ‘disgraceful’ incident.

She threw a bottle at him in self defence, before they began to struggle over the weapon.

Nash threw a punch, which she was able to dodge, before grabbing her hair and headbutting her.

He then started making ‘jabbing’ motions towards her with the knife.

Nash walked off after nearby residents came out of their homes.

The victim was taken to hospital having suffered a cut to her forehead after being headbutted, Minshull Street Crown Court heard.

A judge accepted that Nash had not inflicted any injuries using the hammer or knife. He was arrested the following day.

He and the same woman had also been involved in an altercation in an off license two days earlier.

He claimed that during the attack on September 25, the woman had the knife and said he had disarmed her.

“This was a disgraceful incident, it was cowardly,” the judge, Recorder Neil Usher told Nash.

“It was premeditated, and you were armed at the time.

“She was a defenceless, unarmed woman who had done nothing to provoke you on that particular occasion. She must have been terrified.

“Nothing that happened two days before in that off-licence, or in the history of ill feeling between you, in any way mitigates your actions on September 25.”

Nash, formerly of Tintern Road, Middleton, was jailed for two-and-a-half years, after pleading guilty to assault occasioning current bodily harm, section 20 wounding, threatening with a blade and threatening with an offensive weapon.

His barrister David Bruce said Nash has no intention of returning to the area, and he has shown remorse.

A restraining order was passed, banning Nash from contacting any of the three women for three years.

Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here.




www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *