Terrified locals hear ‘hysterical screaming’ as boy is stabbed at children’s birthday party on residential street

A teenage boy was seriously injured after being stabbed when a row erupted at a children’s birthday party. Locals heard “screaming” and said they saw dozens of people in the street moments before the attack in Baguley Lane, Sale, on Saturday evening.

The MEN understands that a dispute erupted outside a home in nearby Royton Avenue, where a birthday party was being held for a child. The victim, who locals said was in his early teens, was then knifed in nearby Baguley Lane and left with a serious stab wound.

One man, who asked not to be named, said he saw “at least 60 to 70 people” in Royton Avenue shortly before the stabbing happened at 10.25pm.

READ MORE: “Our hearts are broken”: Families share emotional tributes as men, 21 and 20, killed in horror crash are named

“There was a lot of noise,” he added. “It was a birthday party. I couldn’t hear the TV because it was that loud.”

Janet Stonehewer who lives in Baguley Lane said she heard a group of girls “screaming” around the time the stabbing happened. “A couple of them were shouting ‘no, no, no’,” she explained.

“I just thought it was youngsters having a drink but when I looked out of the window before going to bed, I saw the blue police tape across the lane. I went outside and a police officer said there was an incident and someone had been stabbed .”

Another man said he heard the “hysterical” screams of a young girl behind his home before police descended on the scene. A stretch of Baguley Lane, near to the junction with Norris Road, and an alleyway linking Baguley Lane and Royton Avenue were taped off by police for several hours, eyewitnesses say.

Baguley Lane in Sale

One man, who asked not to be named, said locals were “in shock” following the stabbing, which happened a short distance from where a dad was murdered five years ago. Mike Grimshaw, 34, died after being stabbed in the neck on Royton Avenue in July 2017.

A trial at Manchester Crown Court was later told he was fatally stabbed moments after challenging his alleged killer for telling his partner to ‘f*** off’. He stepped in to help his fiancée after Tyrone Patrick, who considered himself a ‘major player’ in the community, had sworn at his partner, a court heard.

Mr Patrick, who had consumed cocaine and alcohol, challenged Mr Grimshaw to a fight and then stabbed him in the neck, severing a major artery and piercing his lung, before fleeing the scene with two others, a jury was told. Patrick was sentenced to life with a minimum sentence of 26 years nine months after being found guilty of Mr Grimshaw’s murder.

In a statement, GMP said today: “We were called at 10.25pm ​​on Saturday 16 April to a report of a teenage boy being stabbed on Baguley Lane, Sale. The boy was taken to hospital with a serious wound that is not believed to be life-threatening. He remains in a stable condition as he receives treatment. No arrests have been made and inquiries are ongoing.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact GMP online via the LiveChat facility, if able, or by calling 101 quoting incident 3353 of 04/16/2022. Details can be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.


Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *