Although Wordle continues to attract millions of users daily, the addictive online word game only allows its loyal fans to play once a day. However, there is a simple trick that will allow you to play more than one game per day.
As the viral word game Wordle continues to take the world by storm, it’s no surprise that New York has taken a chance and gotten a piece of the action.
On Monday, January 31, 2022, The New York Times Company purchased the popular game for “an undisclosed price in the seven figures.”
Fortunately, the new owners of the popular site have assured fans that they will still be able to play Wordle for free, regardless of the New York Times paywall.
And, smart users have now found a cunning way to play the game twice in one day, as well as a clever hack that allows you to play old Wordles that you have missed. Here’s how to do it.
How to Play Two Games of Wordle in One Day and Find Old Wordles You Missed
While the delight of guessing the Wordle of the day in less than six tries may be enough for some people, other fans don’t seem to be satisfied with just one game a day.
They discovered a sneaky hack that allows you to play multiple games of Wordle a day, as well as play tomorrow’s game a day early.
To play the early morning Wordle game on an iPhone, just follow these easy steps:
- Go to Settings on your phone, then tap ‘General’
- Tap ‘Date and time’ before unchecking ‘Set automatically’
- Set your phone to tomorrow’s date and return to the Wordle website, after playing today’s of course.
- Enjoy guessing tomorrow’s Wordle word a day earlier, but don’t forget to set it back to the correct date
- To play an old Wordle you missed, simply change the date on your phone to that day
- Head over to the Wordle website and get that word in six tries!
To play Early Tomorrow Wordle game on Android smartphone, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your phone, then tap ‘General Management’
- Tap on ‘Date and time’ before unchecking ‘Set automatically’
- Set your phone to tomorrow’s date and return to Wordle
How to play the viral word game Wordle
If you’re tired of seeing those yellow, green, and gray squares all over Twitter and want to join in on the Wordle fun, don’t worry. It’s quick and easy to get used to, and soon you’ll be bragging about your streaks and low scores.
You have six chances to guess a random five-letter word; yes, it’s completely random.
For every guess you make, the letters will turn yellow, gray, or green. Yellow letters mean that the letter is in the winning word, but in the wrong place. Letters that turn gray mean they are not on the last word.
And the green letters mean that the letter is correct and in the correct place for the winning word, so don’t change that for your next guess.
If all the tiles turn green when you guess the word in any of the six attempts, you are correct and win the Wordle puzzle of the day.
You will then be offered the opportunity to share your results on Twitter and it is at this point that you will see the green, yellow and gray boxes.