Schoolchildren left horrified after maggots fell from ceiling onto their desks

[ad_1]

Local authority chiefs from Highland Council said Crown Primary School pupils were asked to move from the area as experts investigated the infestation

Crown Primary School, Inverness, The Highlands
Crown Primary School, Inverness, The Highlands

Horrified students were disgusted after maggots fell from the ceiling onto their desks.

Pest control teams were called into Crown Primary School in Inverness, Highlands to tackle the insect infestation.

Local authority chiefs from Highland Council said children were asked to move from the area as experts investigated the writhing grubs.

Pupils were said to be ‘horrified’ when the larvae began falling from the ceiling of the classroom ceiling before landing on their desks as they worked..

Highland Council said immediate action was taken to deal with the maggots.

A spokeswoman said: “The school became aware of the issue yesterday and moved pupils in the affected area to different workspaces so their learning was not disrupted.







The infestation was immediately investigated after children were moved
(

Image:

Getty Images/Science Photo Library RF)

“Pest control was immediately called to resolve this issue.”

Highland Council confirmed the children had been moved and their work was not disrupted the insects falling from above

Local reports have suggested the infestation was in the ceiling of a learning space at the school.

The Mirror told in November how McDonald’s customers were disgusted after maggots “fell from the ceiling” into a woman’s meal.







Pest control teams were called into Crown Primary School Inverness, Highlands to tackle the insect infestation
(

Image:

Getty Images/iStockphoto)

Diners were horrified when the writhing worms dropped from above them at a restaurant in east London.

One customer filmed the wriggling larvae on a table and ‘all over the floor’ at the chain’s Beckton outlet on Thursday morning.

The diner was revolted when he realized the maggots were alive and zoomed in on the tables in video footage before he says: “Yeah, they’re alive”

A woman in the restaurant says she saw two of the maggots had fall from the roof, while the man adds that ‘they dropped on the lady’s food’.

McDonald’s apologized and said the store was immediately closed, and remained shut for further cleaning.

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “Unfortunately, an incident occurred on Thursday morning at our restaurant in Beckton and we would like to apologize to any customers who were impacted.”

Last month how man got a lot more than he asked for in his recent McDonald’s meal as he bit into his Big Mac to find a maggot wriggling around.

Dale Lord says he “hasn’t been able to eat a meal since” after he found the creature in his burger on Monday evening (April 25).







Pupils were said to be ‘horrified’ by the insects
(

Image:

Getty Images/Eye Em)

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “Unfortunately, an incident occurred on Thursday morning at our restaurant in Beckton and we would like to apologize to any customers who were impacted.

Last month how man got a lot more than he asked for in his recent McDonald’s meal as he bit into his Big Mac to find a maggot wriggling around.

Dale Lord says he “hasn’t been able to eat a meal since” after he found the creature in his burger on Monday evening (April 25).

The man decided to treat himself to a McDonald’s and visited the branch in Cambridge, buying a Big Mac.

After taking a bite of the burger, I noticed it was moving.

So he opened it up to investigate and saw the maggot ‘squirming around.’

Read More

Read More



[ad_2]
www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Prince George's favourite dinner is revealed by dad Prince William - and it’s a classic

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.