‘Sadistic’ girl, 16, seen hugging and kissing pal moments after torturing doctor to death

Jason Edwards, 25, Lee Strickland, 36, and Dionne Timms-Williams, 17, admitted brutally assaulting Dr. Gary Jenkins late at night in a park before leaving him for dead

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Dionne Timms-Williams questioned after death of Dr Gary Jenkins in 2021

An “evil and sadistic” girl and her two male pals were seen hugging together after brutally punching a gay doctor to death.

Dr Gary Jenkins was violently assaulted in Bute Park, in Cardiff, in July 2021, causing him multiple severe brain injuries. He died 16 days later.

Jason Edwards, 25, Lee Strickland, 36, and Dionne Timms-Williams, 17, admitted taking part in the assault on Dr Jenkins and pleaded guilty to manslaughter and robbery.

They also pleaded guilty to assaulting another man who tried to protect the victim.

All three were convicted of murder after an eight-day trial at Merthyr Crown Court in South Wales.

The prosecution said the attack had been “motivated by greed, homophobia and straight-up violence”.

Dr Gary Jenkins, pictured, was heard in the audio file asking the trio to stop their hateful attack



An audio recording was played to the court from a CCTV camera located inside a cafe near where the trio brutally attacked Dr Jenkins.

Before the clip was played, members of the jury and others in the courtroom were warned about its disturbing content, which gave an account of how Dr Jenkins was “cruelly beaten, robbed, tortured and left for dead.”

Beginning just before 1am, a man identified as Dr Jenkins can be heard repeatedly yelling “Leave me alone” and “Get off me”.

A female voice – Timms-Williams – shouts “Money” and “Now”, before homophobic slurs are used by one of the male defendants, believed to be Edwards, who has a Liverpool accent.

Dr Jenkins makes repeated pleas for his life, asking “Why?” and saying “Please, stop it.”

CCTV footage of Dionne Timms-Williams (left), Jason Edwards (centre) and Lee Strickland in Queen Street, Cardiff



His moans of pain later become quieter before he is unable to speak any more.

Timms-Williams can be heard saying “Get down”, “Do it all over again”, “Do it” and “Hit him again”.

Another male voice at one point says: “Stamp on his head. Stamp on his head too.”

Another says “Keep going” and “Oh, let me stamp on him again.”

The attack lasts for 15 minutes, after which Timms-Williams can be heard saying: “Yeah, I needed that.”

Witness Louis Williams can be heard throughout, attempting to intervene, before the three defendants turn and assault him.

He told police that he attempted to lie on top of Dr Jenkins to shield him from the repeated kicks and punches.

Jason Edwards arrives at Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court, Wales


Dimitris Legakis/Athena Pictures)

Lee Strickland arrives at Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court, Wales


Dimitris Legakis/Athena Pictures)

Mr Williams said the three defendants laughed and shouted as they carried out the violence, and he thought Timms-Williams was “evil” and “sadistic”.

He said: “I couldn’t understand why they were hurting him so much.”

Following the attack, Strickland could be seen on CCTV footage heading back to the Esso garage where he bought a bottle of whiskey using Dr Jenkins’ Santander debit card.

Timms-Williams and Edwards emerged from the North Road entrance and hugged and kissed each other for a number of minutes before they separated.

In a prepared statement the teenager gave to police, she said she only joined in with the attack because she had been scared of the two men.

Her defense team also claimed she was not homophobic and that she had been in a same-sex relationship.

Following the verdict, Mr Enoch told the jury that a piece of evidence which had not been put before them was a statement from Strickland’s ex-girlfriend saying he had targeted gay men in the park regularly.

Dionne Timms-Williams being interviewed by police whilst in custody in Cardiff Bay



Judge Williams sent both Edwards and Strickland out of the dock for laughing and joking, behavior which he said they had been displaying throughout the trial, before sending Timms-Williams down.

He said the three will be sentenced on March 25 at Cardiff or Newport crown court.

The family of Dr Gary Jenkins, said in a prepared statement: “Gary was such a kind soul who would never hurt anyone. He was an incredibly generous and creative man who had only good intentions.

“Gary’s private life, being put on display through a Crown Court trial has only intensified the impact of this event on our family, friends and colleagues.

“It has been horrible to have to listen to the details of what happened.

“We cannot bring Gary back. There are no winners in this case, only losers but as a family we are relieved that justice is done.”

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Stuart Wales added: “Dr Gary Jenkins was a much-loved father, husband, brother and friend.

“The attack upon Dr Jenkins by the three defendants was cowardly and senseless in the extreme.

“The degree and duration of unnecessary violence inflicted upon him,

together with homophobic abuse – all captured on audio, was both sickening and staggering “He did nothing whatsoever to warrant this.”


See also  Danny Willett: 'I would go to the ends of the Earth to win another major'

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.