Queen may limit Platinum Jubilee appearances as Covid left her ‘exhausted’ says expert


Her Majesty tested positive for coronavirus in February, just days after son Prince Charles also contracted the virus, and the long-term effects have left her feeling ‘exhausted’

The Queen could make a limited number of appearances at her Platinum Jubilee celebrations this summer, an expert claims

The Queen could be set to limit her Platinum Jubilee appearances to just a handful of events after admitting her bout with Covid has left her feeling “exhausted”, according to a royal expert.

The monarch had already faced months of mobility issues that saw her pull out of high-profile public events before Buckingham Palace revealed she contracted coronavirus in February.

On Sunday Her Majesty spoke about her condition during a video call with the Royal London Hospital to mark the official opening of its Queen Elizabeth Unit.

Talking to former Covid patient Asef Hussain and his wife Shamina, the Queen said: “It does leave one very tired and exhausted, doesn’t it?







A royal commentator expects the Queen to limit her appearances during the Jubilee
(

Image:

POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

“This horrible pandemic. It’s not a nice result.”

This has led to increased that her Jubilee appearances will be significantly scaled back this summer, with royal biographer Angela Levin telling the MailOnline she believes the Queen will limit her activity.

She said: “It’s going to be very difficult and I think they will only show her in a few instances, maybe at the service at St Paul’s. That will be very important to her because she is a Christian.

“I don’t think we’ll see her around and about. Maybe she’ll be well enough to sit and watch horses. It won’t be her, everywhere. But if she is there, she will appreciate the fact the public will be wanting to be there and supporting her.







Her Majesty speaking during a virtual visit to the Royal London Hospital
(

Image:

PA)

“I imagine that the aides are worried that if the public don’t see her, people may think that if she’s not there it’s not worth us going.

“I’m sure everyone in the Palace hopes that people will turn up to show their respects and say thank you for an extraordinary reign both in length and in breadth.”

The Palace has been approached for comment.

The Queen, who had “mild cold-like” Covid symptoms, has recently been suffering from mobility issues, forcing her to cancel a number of publics.







The Queen contracting the virus at the age of 95 was downplayed by Buckingham Palace
(

Image:

POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

Buckingham Palace announced on Friday that she had decided not to attend an annual Easter church service.

Prince Charles will for the first time represent his mother at the Royal Maundy Thursday service at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, Berkshire.

It will be only the fifth time she has missed the event in her 70-year reign.

Read More

Read More




www.mirror.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *