Prince Andrew breaks cover for first time since bombshell Ghislaine Maxwell verdict


Following the conviction of Ghislaine Maxwell for sex crimes on Wednesday, Virginia Giuffre – who accused the Duke of York of sexual abuse – has called for others involved to be “held accountable”

Prince Andrew leaves Royal Lodge and heads to Windsor Castle

Prince Andrew has been spotted breaking cover to attend the Queen’s Christmas lunch as his sexual abuse accuser calls for more people to be “held accountable” for alleged sex trafficking.

The Duke of York was seen leaving the Royal Lodge for a dinner date with the Queen at Windsor Castle earlier today.

It comes after one-time socialite Ghislaine Maxwell was convicted on Wednesday for her part in the trafficking of underage women to sleep with sick partner Jeffrey Epstein and his associates.

And now Virginia Giuffre Roberts, who says she was a victim of Epstein and Maxwell, says “others must be held accountable”.

Giuffre has previously claimed to have been trafficked to the Duke of York for sex on more than one occasion.

Maxwell, 60, who was labelled “dangerous” by the prosecution, faces the rest of her life in jail for helping to entice vulnerable teenagers to disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein’s various properties for him to sexually abuse between 1994 and 2004.

Attention will now focus on the civil damages action launched by Ms Roberts, also known as Virginia Giuffre, who is suing the Queen’s son for alleged sexual assault.

She claims she was trafficked by Epstein, the duke’s former friend, to have sex with Andrew when she was aged 17 and a minor under US law. Andrew has denied all the allegations.

Maxwell was convicted of sex trafficking on Wednesday
(

Image:

PA)

Following Maxwell’s conviction on Wednesday, Ms Roberts said she had “lived with the horrors of Maxwell’s abuse” and commended the four women who testified during the trial.

She added: “I hope that today is not the end but rather another step in justice being served. Maxwell did not act alone. Others must be held accountable. I have faith that they will be.”

Maxwell’s New York trial heard how she summoned a 14-year-old girl to an orgy, groped another victim and laid a schoolgirl outfit out for a third accuser before a sexualised massage with her former boyfriend Epstein because she “thought it would be fun”.

The court in the Southern District of New York heard Maxwell imposed a “culture of silence … by design” at Epstein’s properties, where staff were told to “see nothing, hear nothing and say nothing”.

While the “horrific abuse” was going on, the jury was told how the defendant lived a “life of luxury” – with the prosecution describing the trafficking as a “means to support her lifestyle”.

Maxwell will appeal against her conviction for luring young girls for Epstein to molest, her brother Kevin has said.

Read More

Read More




www.mirror.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *