Once ‘safe’ area has become the carjacking capital of Greater Manchester

[ad_1]

Residents of two Salford suburbs fear for their safety after a series of carjackings by masked criminals.

The men are said to follow their victims in their own vehicle before jumping out armed with knives, machetes and axes to threaten car owners to hand over their keys.

Earlier this month, a man who was attacked by three men in balaclavas and had his gray Mercedes stolen outside his home in Salford spoke about the “mental scars” left by the incident.

READ MORE:GMP Officers Caught Encouraging Domestic Abuse Victims Not To File Complaints

People in Broughton Park and Kersal held a meeting with police after four incidents of masked men armed with guns occurred in neighborhoods this month.

Some residents are so concerned that they have hired a private security company to watch the area and their cars.

Kersal District Councilor Ari Leitner says he has spoken to some carjacking victims who were “shocked” by the incidents.

Coun Leitner told MEN: “There have been four of these incidents and they are all pretty similar. They will follow the driver for a while and as soon as they get out of the vehicle, they will jump out of the car with knives, machetes and axes, threaten the driver and kill him.” they say ‘give me the keys’.

“In at least one case, there was also a girl in the car who got out with her father and she is obviously in bad shape. Fortunately in all cases they took the vehicle and left.

“We have been putting pressure on the police, it is a gang that is attacking the area and they have been seen around. The community wants to see a police presence.”

See also  Rees-Mogg criticized for leaving 'crass' messages in empty Whitehall offices

Brantwood Street, Salford
A man was attacked and his car stolen on Brantwood Road, Salford earlier this month.

Councilman Leitner, along with Councilmen Andrew Walters and Arnold Saunders, held a meeting with GMP on Wednesday January 26th.

He says that the police promised to increase the number of patrols in the area.

Coun Walters, the Kersal and Broughton Park representative who recently tweeted about an incident involving a stolen car crash on Bury New Road, said this is the first time he has seen this level of violent crime in the area.

He echoed Count Leitner’s call for more police on the streets and advised people living in the area not to get involved with criminals who might be armed and dangerous.

Talking with him Manchester Evening News he said: “It’s always been a quiet area, the worst we’ve had was a series of robberies that went to one person and they got caught.

“People are really scared, we’ve never had any incidents of violent crime in all the time I’ve been here, I’ve been here for 12 years. It’s been quiet for the last 12-15 years at least so this has been a shock.” massive.

“This is a very, very safe area, and on top of this, there has been a massive increase in petty crime. Hopefully we’ll be more aware of what’s going on and what the police are doing because it’s really very concerning.

“All it takes is for one person to try to be a hero and resist, and who knows what could happen? The only advice I can tell people is don’t try to be a hero, don’t try to resist, the keys and get out.” from there.

See also  Feds indict 2 men accused of impersonating federal agents

Get more news from where you live straight to your email inbox by signing up for the free MySalford newsletter here.



[ad_2]
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.