Mum suspended from job after ‘offering sex’ at Christmas party says she was spiked

Michelle Hosking, 42, is the subject of a gross misconduct investigation and has been temporarily dismissed from her duties as a health and safety advisor at Bournville Village Trust

Michelle says the handling of the incident and the spiking itself has affected her mental health
Michelle says the handling of the incident and the spiking itself has affected her mental health

A mum suspended from her job after she became “possessed” and “offered sex” at a work Christmas party says she was “spiked by injection.”

Michelle Hosking, 42, is now the subject of a gross misconduct investigation and has been temporarily dismissed from her duties as a health and safety adviser at Bournville Village Trust, where she has worked for 15 months.

The single mum-of-two allegedly “switched” before colleagues, who accused her of propositioning them for sex and suddenly becoming “mental and possessed.”

But Michelle insists she was spiked, claiming she discovered a visible “pinprick” and developed a huge bruise after the work do on December 10 in Birmingham city centre, StokeOnTrentLive reports.

After “losing hours” of her memory from the party, Michelle reported the spiking incident to West Midlands Police and attended hospital the following day.

Michelle believes she was spiked in the street as she walked to the Christmas party


Nick Wilkinson/BPM MEDIA)

But three days later, the mum was suspended from her role as the Trust launched an ongoing probe and said it took the allegations of spiking and misconduct “very seriously”.

Michelle said: “I used to love working for them but the way they have treated me is horrendous.

“I can understand how these other girls are feeling because you don’t expect it to happen to you and when it does, no one’s there for you and the people that do [the injecting] don’t understand what happens behind the scenes.

“I’m a single mum I’ve got two children, I’ve got a mortgage to pay. If the spiking is for laughs, it’s for laughs but it’s not for the people that are involved in it.

“I keep having to ring up and ask the question to my employer and they say it’s still under investigation. It’s nearly three months now and obviously the mental health impacts of that as well as everything that happened before, it’s horrendous.”

Michelle can remember eating her starter and having a glass of wine before three more ‘tiny’ drinks.

She then claims she lost four hours after she was spiked walking from the Old Joint Stock pub to the main venue, the Clayton Hotel.

She said: “I do believe I was spiked by injection. Unfortunately my employers have taken a very dim view of it and I’ve been suspended on full pay ever since.”

“I remember eating my starter then I’ve lost four hours,” she continued.

“I just don’t remember. The witness statements say that I was being aggressive, waving my arms around, I was possessed, I was mental, I was psychotic and I have no recollection of this at all.

“It’s almost like a switch was flicked, it’s gone. There’s nothing there at all, I have no recollection at all. They said I was acting crazy, mental, possessed.

“Allegedly, obviously I don’t remember any of this, allegedly I punched a colleague, I proposed a few people for sexual relations, I was in a relationship at the time so I can’t understand why that would happen.”

The mum says the allegations against her are ‘horrendous’


Nick Wilkinson/BPM MEDIA)

Michelle’s next memory is getting home at 6.15pm, when she rang colleagues in a confusion about what had taken place and why she was back at her house so early on into the festivities.

She said: “Something wasn’t quite right, I rang a couple of colleagues and said: ‘What happened?’ A couple of colleagues brought me home in a taxi.”

Michelle described the following months as “horrendous” as she claimed colleagues had been told not to speak to her, leaving her “completely and utterly isolated.”

“The last three months have been awful. I haven’t heard from my line manager since the December 13 when he suspended me, no duty of care was carried out. It’s been horrendous.

“I had a massive bruise on my thigh. You can see the pin prick marking my leg in the photo. On Tuesday afterwards, I went to the hospital as my sister said she didn’t like how the bruise was spreading.”

Michelle has hit out at the offenders using needles to spike revellers as she spoke of the impact on her mental health.

She said: “I don’t think people understand the actual impact that something like that can have. I’m just a normal mum, I take my kids to school and go to work and then this happens and your whole world implodes but people don’t understand it’s really hard.

“It has really affected my mental health. I was on antidepressants for anxiety before this, so the fact that I’ve had no communication is just exacerbating everything.

“The last time I spoke to them was two weeks today at the disciplinary hearing. They did actually apologize to me for not providing me with that care. I don’t know what’s going on, no one has rang me.”

Bournville Village Trust said it takes both reports that a colleague “has been harmed” and “accusations of misconduct” very seriously as it said investigations take time to complete.

The Trust said it could not comment on the individual circumstances, but ‘offer support and regular contact’ through investigations.

Helen Harvey, director of people and performance at Bournville Village Trust, said: “The health and safety of our colleagues is very important to us and any reports that a colleague has been harmed in any way are taken very seriously and treated sensitively.

“We also take accusations of misconduct extremely seriously and they are investigated thoroughly and carefully to ensure colleagues are treated with fairness and respect.

“This means that investigations can take time to complete whilst all evidence is gathered and reviewed. During an investigation, colleagues are offered support and regular contact throughout.

“As our investigation process is confidential we are unable to comment on individual cases.”

West Midlands Police said in a statement: “Our investigation into this crime closed after all lines of inquiry were exhausted. If new information is received that would help us identify the person responsible, we are ready to reopen the case.”

Read More

Read More

See also  'I did everything I could for the lad': Tearful bar owner's desperate battle to save stabbing victim

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.