Mum slams TUI as hotel left her with 200 bed bug bites and gave daughter, 6, salmonella


Emma Tod splashed out almost £10,000 on the TUI getaway to Khao Lak Resort, Thailand but still hasn’t been refunded for their holiday from hell after complaining about the state of the accommodation

Emma Tod splashed out almost £10,000 on the TUI getaway to Khao Lak Resort, Thailand

A mum-of-two has slammed TUI after their hotel left her with 200 bed bug bites and gave her six-year-old daughter salmonella.

Emma Tod splashed out almost £10,000 on a getaway to Khao Lak Resort, Thailand over Christmas but still hasn’t been refunded for their holiday from hell.

The 39-year-old was left riddled with over 200 bed bug bites whilst her six-year-old daughter, Surin, was struck down with salmonella after eating poorly prepared meat.

Emma from Warwickshire, East Midlands, was also shocked when her seven-year-old son, Foalan, cut his foot on discarded glass left at the side of the swimming pool.






The resort where the family stayed during their £10,000 holiday

Additionally, the family was forced to wait hours for dinner in the hotel’s restaurant and even had to serve their own drinks due to a lack of staff in the all-inclusive resort.

Emma believes the whole hotel required repairs, with her children even playing games with loose tiles on the swimming pool floor.

Almost four months on from the holiday, Emma is still embroiled in a dispute with the travel company over a refund.






Emma’s arm was covered in bed bug bites





The TUI getaway to Khao Lak Resort, Thailand has still not been refunded to the family

She has now been left fuming by TUI’s complaint system and claims multiple members of their customer service team have hung up on her.

Emma took to Twitter last week to slam the holiday company, writing on April 6: “A six-year-old with salmonella, bed bugs, a cut foot and no staff.

“Hardly the experience you expect from a five star resort topped off with a complaints process that also offers the worst customer experience I’ve ever experienced, well done.”






(Left to right) Surin Tod, 6, Mark Scott, 39, Emma Tod, 39 and Foalan Tod, 7

Emma said: “The holiday has been incredibly poorly managed, I’ve booked loads of amazing holidays with them (TUI) but this has been shocking.

“My complaint is still not resolved after almost four months.

“For me the bed bugs were the worst but for my daughter the salmonella made her so poorly, my son cutting his foot on the edge of the pool was his worst moment.






Emma was also shocked when her seven-year-old son, Foalan, cut his foot on discarded glass

“All of us had to self-serve our own drinks and work the bars as there were no staff on an all inclusive five star resort and no coffee shop.

“The room service stopped two days into the holiday and we had the occasional two hour wait for dinner.

“TUI acknowledged and phoned me back in February as they said it needed to be passed to their legal team, particularly as the doctors who confirmed my daughter had salmonella contacted environmental health.

“We’ve heard nothing since but have tried on several occasions just to have the phone put down on us.

“I think they were repairing something, but to be honest the whole hotel needed to be repaired. The kids played games picking up loose tiles from the bottom of the pool.






The family’s dream holiday turned out to be a holiday from hell





TUI’s chat board where Emma complained about the holiday

“The number on the message from their chat only directs me to a complaint form or when I pretend I’m booking a new holiday the reps always hang up when they hear that I want to speak to someone about my complaint.”

A spokesman for TUI said: “We’re sorry to hear about the family’s experience.

“We have spoken to the customer about their concerns and explained their options.

“It would be inappropriate for us to comment further as full investigations take place.

“We would like to reassure customers that we regularly audit all of the hotels we feature in respect of health and safety, including food safety.”

Read More

Read More




www.mirror.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *