Meghan Markle’s estranged father rushed to hospital after suspected stroke


Meghan Markle’s estranged father has been rushed to hospital after suffering a suspected stroke, it has been reported.

Thomas Markle Senior had been set to fly to the UK for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee next week from his home in Rosarito, Mexico.

However, he began experiencing pains yesterday and had to be raced to hospital via ambulance with an oxygen mask attached.

The 77-year-old was then transported across the Mexico-US border to a hospital in Chula Vista, California, the Mirror reports.

A source said: “Tom was unable to speak to paramedics, he was so out of breath

“He had to write down his symptoms on a piece of paper.”

It comes after a court document revealed that the former lighting director’s health has been failing recently.

He is currently taking legal action against a paparazzi company he faked photos with ahead of his daughter’s royal wedding.

Both parties had been due to hold a hearing involving both sides at court in California but this was placed on hold until May 19.

The papers, obtained by the Mirror, read: “The court staff receives a phone call from the plaintiff’s son prior to the hearing stating plaintiff has suffered a medical emergency.”

It is unknown what the issue was but sources suggest the attack yesterday came as a result of Markle suffering extreme tension.

Son, Thomas Markle Junior, 55, now lives close to his father, while eldest daughter Samantha, 57, is flying in from her home in Florida.



It comes after a court document revealed that the former lighting director’s health has been failing recently

He has not seen his daughter Meghan in years but has spoken to the press on several occasions since she initially joined the Royal Family.

See also  Stranger saves the day after young boy loses all his birthday money in Tesco

Markle also made a string of negative comments that Prince Harry’s claims they were the “the family [Meghan] you have never had.”

He explained: “That was an insult and that was bullsh*it.”

It’s understood he has never met his grandchildren, Archie and Lillibet.

Markle plans on traveling to the UK in the next few days and is hoping to spend time with the Royals, especially Prince Charles.

He said: “I’m looking forward to it. I’m going to show my respect for the Queen and I’m going to make sure the Queen understands my entire family respects the Queen and the royals and we admire them and we want them to know that is how we feel about them.”

Both Meghan and Harry are also flying to the UK for the celebrations, and bringing both of their children.

It will be the first time their daughter, who is named after her great-grandmother’s childhood nickname, has ever been to the UK.

The couple won’t be part of the Trooping the Color balcony moment, which the Queen has restricted to only working royals.

However, they are expected to join for other events during the bumper Bank Holiday weekend.



Meghan and Harry with their children, Archie and Lilibet
Meghan and Harry with their children, Archie and Lilibet

Thomas Markle Senior was unable to travel to the UK for Meghan and Harry’s royal wedding in 2018 due to health issues.

He was due to walk the bride down the aisle, but she instead made the walk joined by her father-in-law Charles for the last few steps.

See also  The strange moment of The cure: between live glory and creative poverty | Culture | ICON

At the time, she said: “Sadly my father will not be attending our wedding.

“I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.

“I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support.

“Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”



Prince Harry looks at his bride, Meghan Markle, as she arrives accompanied by Prince Charles
Prince Harry looks at his bride, Meghan Markle, as she arrives accompanied by Prince Charles

Markle was found to have staged paid photographs for paparazzi in the US, weeks before the wedding, which he had denied to Harry.

He later admitted he had been paid for the photos, although his daughter Samantha told the press that it was her idea.

She said she wanted to show how her dad was “getting into shape and doing great healthy things” before attending the wedding.

Two weeks before the wedding, he underwent heart surgery, which was thought to contribute to why he was not at the wedding.

They have not spoken since.

She ultimately won the case against the Mail on Sunday before a trial, seeing him not needed in the case.

Later, Markle vowed to take the Sussex’s to court so he could meet his grandchildren, branding the couple “bad” parents.

He said that the Duke and Duchess have made “mistakes” in raising their son Archie, three, and 11-month Lilibet.

Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here.

See also  The United Kingdom, Australia and Canada join the US diplomatic boycott of the Winter Games in China | International




www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.