Meghan Markle ‘could be called as witness’ in Prince Andrew’s sex case trial


Virginia Roberts Giuffre has started a civil action against Prince Andrew, claiming she was forced to have sex with him three times in 2001 – he strongly denies all the allegations against him

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex sits with Prince Harry, left, and Prince Andrew, right,
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex sits with Prince Harry, left, and Prince Andrew, right

Meghan Markle could be called to give evidence in Prince Andrew’s sex trial, his accuser’s lawyer has said.

Virginia Roberts Giuffre has started a civil action against the Queen’s son claiming she was forced to have sex with him three times in 2001 when she was just 17.

Prince Andrew strongly denies all the allegations against him.

Ms Giuffre lawyer David Boies has told the Daily Beast Prince Harry’s wife Meghan could be called to make a written submission – a deposition – in the case for three reasons.

Mr Boies said: “One; she is in the US so we have jurisdiction over her.

“Two; she is somebody who obviously, at least for a period of time, was a close associate of Prince Andrew and hence is in a position to perhaps have seen what he did, and perhaps if not to have seen what he did to have heard people talk about it.

Prince Andrew denies all the allegations against him
(

Image:

Getty Images)

“Because of her past association with him, she may very well have important knowledge, and will certainly have some knowledge.

“Three; she is somebody who we can count on to tell the truth. She checks all three boxes.”

There is no suggestion that neither Meghan and Harry have any knowledge about the allegations levelled at Prince Andrew, which the Duke of York has continuously denied.

The Duke of York is said to be “incredibly stressed” ahead of the hearing in his sexual assault case on January 4.

The Mirror previously reported that Andrew will not join the royal family for the main Christmas day church service at Sandringham, after deciding to “keep a low profile” over the festive period.

Royal sources told The Mirror that the Duke ordered his US legal team to “cancel Christmas” and concentrate on the upcoming hearing.

According to insiders, he is “totally consumed” with the legal battle and has been staying up into the night to keep in constant conversation with his California-based lawyers.

Virginia Roberts Giuffre has made claims against Prince Andrew
(

Image:

BBC)

In August Ms Giuffre, also known as Virginia Roberts, sued the Queen’s son for unspecified damages which could run into millions of pounds if she is successful.

A source said: “The tension in the camp is palpable. No one is really sure what Andrew’s involvement is other than asking a lot of questions, but he spends his days and nights poring over documents.

“He is totally consumed by it, keeping most irregular working hours so he can be in contact with his team.

The then 17 year old Virginia Roberts photographed with Prince Andrew in early 2001

“He was particularly stressed a few days ago and was heard remonstrating with one of the team.

“The feeling was he was telling them to effectively cancel Christmas and get totally across all the eventualities of what could happen in the case so there are, as he put it, ‘no more surprises’.

“It’s very much a last ditch attempt to get the case thrown out and if that doesn’t succeed he knows they are all potentially in it for the long haul.”




www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Mohamed Salah's landmark goal helps Liverpool avoid Norwich shock | premier league

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.