Man who sliced ​​through hand with saw left in limbo as operation canceled twice


Mohammad Aghababaei, 42, was told he needed surgery because he had cut through 70% of the tendon in his hand, a connective tissue that attaches muscles to the bone, after he sliced ​​though it

Mohammad Aghababaei, from Cheetham Hill, was working in Prestwich

A man who sliced ​​through his hand with a saw says he has been left in limbo after his operation was canceled twice.

Mohammad Aghababaei, from Cheetham Hill, was working in Prestwich when the horrifying accident happened last Wednesday.

In a desperate attempt to stop the bleeding, he wrapped a bandage from the first aid kit in his van around his hand and was raced to A&E at Oldham Hospital by his wife.

He says doctors told him his hand needed surgery because he had cut through 70% of the tendon in his hand, a connective tissue that attaches muscles to the bone. He says he was sent on his way and told to return the following morning for surgery – which never happened, reports the Manchester Evening News.

Mohammad, 42, said: “It was so painful and bleeding, so I used the first aid kit in my van and my wife drove me to A&E at Oldham Hospital. They checked my hand, and the doctor said it was serious and needed surgery .

“They wrapped it up with a bandage, told me to go home and not eat anything or move my hand. I was given pain killers and they said they would call me the next morning.

Mohammad Aghababaei went to Oldham Hospital A&E where he was told he would need surgery
(

Image:

Adam Vaughn)

“The doctor said to me I may have to go to physiotherapy for my hand movements afterwards. I would be out of work for at least a month, which is hard because I am an engineer and my hands are so important to me. They are my life and my income.

“I couldn’t sleep and didn’t eat anything until around 11am on Thursday morning, when they called me and said the operation had been canceled and they would contact me again as soon as possible. The day after was the same, I was just waiting and waiting in so much pain.”

Mohammad said he was then called again over the weekend and informed his operation had been moved to Rochdale Hospital and would be taking place the following week, on Wednesday (June 22.) After arriving at the infirmary for 11.30am, Mohammad claims he was sat waiting, only to be told at 6pm his operation had been canceled for a second time.

He admitted he is now worried he may lose the use of his hand altogether, which is vital for him to work and earn a living to provide for his family. He says he was told again by staff at the hospital to go home, and that he would be contacted in due course.

The hospital trust contacted Mohammad for a third time on Thursday (June 23) and offered him another time for his operation, which is now set to take place on Saturday morning, (June 25) at 8am.

He added: “I couldn’t move my hand at all and was struggling to do normal things, I was really worried. Then a few days ago they called me again saying my operation would be on Wednesday at Rochdale Hospital, a week after I I first went to A&E, and they told me again to not eat anything from the night before.

“I arrived at Rochdale for 11.30 in the morning for the appointment and I sat there all day until 6pm. Then they came out and told me that my operation had been canceled again.

“I asked them what I was supposed to do. I explained I was in so much pain and that I am so worried I could completely lose the use of my hand. I am an engineer and I couldn’t work or get any income, how could I continue with my life?

“I just want someone to hear me. I have a family and have worked hard all my life and pay my taxes, and should at least have the NHS to rely on in times like this.”

David Jago, Chief Officer at Oldham Care Organization later confirmed that patient Mohammad has been contacted again and had his surgery reorganized for this weekend. There was no explanation given for the reason for the cancellations.

He said: “We would like to apologize to Mr Mohammad Aghababaei and his family for any inconvenience caused by the cancellation of his surgery, a member of our clinical team has contacted him today and we have reorganized the surgery for this weekend.”

Read More

Read More




www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Family's touching tribute to 'supergirl' who died at 5 weeks without leaving hospital

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.