John Barrowman says flashing was exaggerated and not sexual harassment in first TV chat


John Barrowman admitted that he was ‘extremely nervous’ as he gave his first TV interview since being accused of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ on the set of Doctor Who

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Lorraine: John Barrowman talks about sexual harassment claims

John Barrowman gave his first TV interview on Tuesday morning after being accused of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ on set during his time on Doctor Who.

Earlier this year, the 54-year-old star apologised for “high-spirited behaviour and tomfoolery” after accusations he had exposed himself on the set of the BBC show where he played the role of Captain Jack Harkness.

Appearing on ITV’s Lorraine, John admitted he was feeling ‘extremely nervous’ as he spoke about the situation and how it has changed him.

At the beginning of the interview, host Lorraine Kelly asked him: “Do you think on reflection that you may have crossed a line?”

John replied: “I think if it was now, it would be crossing the line. I think that something that happened 15 years ago, it was body behaviour, silly behaviour, it was being done in the confines of the set and we were like a family, working together.



John Barrowman gave his first TV interview on Tuesday morning since being accused of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ on set during his time on Doctor Who




“The fact that it was stories I’ve already told, I’ve been telling them for years, I haven’t hidden anything, they’ve been exaggerated and they’ve tried to turn them into sexual harassment which it absolutely is not,” he continued.

“And the one thing for me, all the people that were making a fuss about it, they weren’t there, they don’t know the context of things that were done.

“Like I said, I would never do it now, but what we’re not allowing people and myself to do with the continued bashing, we’re not allowing people to learn to adapt and to change, and that’s the most important thing,” he added.



John admitted that he’s ‘having to monitor everything’ that he does now
(

Image:

ITV)




“I want to move on and I want to continued to move forward.

When Lorraine asked how he was doing now, John admitted: “The fact of the matter is, I know that throughout my career and everything I’ve done, it’s been about promoting to people to be yourself, to not be ashamed of who you are, and at the moment, what’s happening is I feel like I’m having to monitor everything.

“I’ll get past that, I’ll still have fun, I’ll still be silly, I’ll still be outrageous but in a different context to what it was 15 years ago.”

John also addressed the fact that he will no longer be a judge on Dancing on Ice.

“Dancing on Ice is a show that changes judges all the time, and it was nothing to do with that, ITV were clear about that which I’m extremely grateful for,” John said.

Instead, John will be hosting a new ITV show called All Star Musicals which will see six celebrities per episode take centre stage as they embark on the ultimate musical theatre masterclass, each hoping to steal the show with their spectacular performance and be voted All Star Musicals Champion.

Lorraine airs weekdays at 9am on ITV and ITV Hub.


Read More





Read More







www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Crystal Palace vs Liverpool result: Five things we learned as Jurgen Klopp's side win to close gap on Man City

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.