I’m A Celebrity live show cancelled for first time in 19 years amid fears over Storm Arwen


I’m A Celebrity hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly have pre-recorded tonight’s ITV show as production put measures in place to ensure the celebrities’ safety

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

I’m A Celeb: Naughty Boy and Frankie clash over rice

ITV bosses have been forced to cancel I’m A Celebrity’s live show for the first time in 19 years as a “precautionary” measure over Storm Arwen.

Hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly have pre-recorded tonight’s show as production put measures in place.

The show has confirmed that all the celebrities will remain inside the castle, which they have confirmed is secure.

An ITV spokesperson told the Mirror: “Tonight’s I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will be broadcast as a pre-recorded show rather than live due to the developing Storm Arwen and precautionary measures we’re putting into place on production.

“Ant & Dec will record their links early evening and these will be played out during tonight’s show. Our celebrities will remain inside the castle which is secure and we have contingencies in place to cover all weather scenarios to ensure the safety of our cast and crew.”

Ant and Dec have pre-recorded tonight’s I’m A Celebrity for the first time

It comes just a day after Good Morning Britain host Richard Madeley was forced to quit I’m A Celeb after falling ill in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Confirming the news on Instagram, he insisted that he was “absolutely fine” but that because he had felt briefly unwell in the morning, he was taken to hospital as a precaution

As a result, he broke his Covid bubble and was forced to leave the castle.

Richard Madeley was forced to quit the show on Thursday
(

Image:

ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

Richard added that he was “gutted” to be leaving as he thanked everyone for their support during his brief journey on the show.

He wrote: “Hello all!

“Richard here – firstly just to say that I’m absolutely FINE. I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution. By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such I’ve had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp.

“Obviously I’m gutted to be leaving so soon but the safety of all the campmates is the number one priority. I’m incredibly excited to watch their journey continue…even more so at the prospect of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle.

“Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but completely unforgettable adventure – I’ve made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life.”

An ITV spokesperson told The Mirror: “Our strict covid protocols means Richard has sadly had to leave the show as he is no longer in the bubble the celebrities form when entering the castle. He has been a truly brilliant camp mate and we thank him for being part of this series.”

Richard, best-known for hosting This Morning alongside his wife, Judy Finnigan, was one of 12 contestants taking part in this year’s series at Gwrych Castle in North Wales.

It had been rumoured that Rudimental DJ Locksmith would be replacing Madeley if he were to quit the show, but ITV has not confirmed that this will be happening.

*I’m A Celebrity airs tonight at 9pm on ITV

Read More

Read More




www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Juan Marín: "As a government we are not interested in approving the budgets in electoral year, it is stupid" | Day by day

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.