‘I’ll smash your f****** teeth all over the pavement and dance on your brains’- Moment thug armed with knife and hammer attacks woman in the street


Terrifying footage shows the shocking moment a thug armed with a knife and a hammer attacks a defenceless woman in the street.

David Nash, 48, had previously been friends with the victim, a neighbor who lived on the same estate as him in Middleton.

He used to give her and two of her other friends a lift to the train station, but they fell out after Nash made ‘suggestive remarks’ towards them.

READ MORE : Manchester City doctor dies after falling 300ft from mountain where he proposed to wife 27 years earlier

They became involved in tit-for-tat rows until the disputed exploded in September last year.

“You pass this gaff and I’ll dive out and smash your f****** teeth all over the pavement and dance on your brains,” Nash had said in a threatening text to a friend of the victim, two days before the attack.

About an hour after he sent that text, Nash attacked another of the victim’s friends after she walked past his home following an exercise class.

He burst out of his flat before shoving her into some bushes.

Then, two days later, the three women had been to a shop when they walked past Nash’s flat.

Nash ran out, armed with a hammer in his right hand and a knife in his left, at about 7pm on September 25 last year.

Manchester’s courts are some of the busiest in the country with a vast array of cases heard every week.

To keep up to date with how justice is being served across Greater Manchester subscribe to our free weekly MEN Court News newsletter put together by our court reporters Andrew Bardsley and Amy Walker.

How do I sign up?

  1. First just click on this link to our newsletter sign-up centre.
  2. Once you’re there, put your email address where it says at the top, then tick the MEN Court News box. There are other newsletters available if you want them as well.
  3. When you’ve made your choice, hit Save Changes button at the bottom.

The footage showed Nash approaching the victim, who was wearing a yellow dress, while wielding the hammer.

She threw a bottle at him in self defence, before they began to struggle over the weapon.

Nash threw a punch, which she was able to dodge, before grabbing her hair and headbutting her.

He then started making ‘jabbing’ motions towards her with the knife.

Nash walked off after nearby residents came out of their homes.

David Nash

The victim was taken to hospital having suffered a cut to her forehead after being headbutted, Minshull Street Crown Court heard.

A judge accepted that Nash had not inflicted any injuries using the hammer or knife. He was arrested the following day.

He and the same woman had also been involved in an altercation in an off license two days earlier.

He claimed that during the attack on September 25, the woman had the knife and said he had disarmed her.

“This was a disgraceful incident, it was cowardly,” the judge, Recorder Neil Usher told Nash.

“It was premeditated, and you were armed at the time.

We have a dedicated Facebook group covering court cases across Greater Manchester.

For all the latest trial coverage and sentencing join the group here.

To download our app to get all the latest news visit here.

“She was a defenceless, unarmed woman who had done nothing to provoke you on that particular occasion. She must have been terrified.

“Nothing that happened two days before in that off-licence, or in the history of ill feeling between you, in any way mitigates your actions on September 25.”

Nash, formerly of Tintern Road, Middleton, was jailed for two-and-a-half years, after pleading guilty to assault occasioning current bodily harm, section 20 wounding, threatening with a blade and threatening with an offensive weapon.

His barrister David Bruce said Nash has no intention of returning to the area, and he has shown remorse.

A restraining order was passed, banning Nash from contacting any of the three women for three years.




www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *