The war in Ukraine leaves more than 1.5 million people displaced and at least 2,000 civilians killed, according to the Ukrainian balance. As the Russian offensive continues in the country, millions of citizens who have lost everything try to flee from the bombing. In Spain, various NGOs have made available to citizens channels to send aid to those affected by the conflict.
Spanish Red Cross
Spanish Red Cross has been working for years in the Donbas region since the outbreak of the conflict. has now sent essential items to Hungary, from where it will be distributed to the affected areas. The organization has enabled several channels for people who want to donate:
- By transfer by BIZUM to number 33512.
- Donation of three euros by sending an SMS with the word UKRAINE to 38088.
- By calling the telephone number 900104971.
- Through this link on their website.
Doctors without borders
Doctors Without Borders is handing out humanitarian aid in various areas of Ukraine who are suffering fighting in recent days. This is how you can donate:
- The NGO has an emergency fund that allows it to send humanitarian aid. Money can be donated through online payment by card, Paypal or in the following bank accounts:
BANC SABADELL – ES72 0081 0052 00 0004400044
SANTANDER – ES31 0049 1806 95 2811869099
ABANCA – ES18 2080 0769 75 3040000478
BBVA – ES09 0182 6035 49 0000748708
UNICAJA – ES09 2103 2034 25 0030003000
CAIXABANK – ES57 2100 3063 99 2200110010
BANK TRIODES – ES53 1491 0001 28 1008158220
KUTXABANK – ES56 2095 5523 2091 05878176
Save the Children
Save the Children offers help to children who are suffering the consequences of the war.
- Through its website to collaborate in the conflict by card, Paypal or bank transfer.
- By calling the telephone number 900 37 37 15.
UNICEF works for provide drinking water and basic products to minors, innocent victims of war. This is how to collaborate with them:
- Through this link on their website.
- Sending an SMS for six euros with the word UNICEF to 38028.
- By calling 900907500.
- With a transfer by BIZUM to 11261.
Oxfam Intermón is toasting essential help in the affected areas of Ukraine. This is how you can collaborate with them:
- By transfer by BIZUM to 33594.
- By calling 900223300.
- Sending an SMS for 1.2 euros with the word EMERGENCY to 28018.
- By bank transfer to the following accounts:
La Caixa – ES46 2100 5000 5102 0018 5140
Banco Santander – ES37 0049 1806 9726 1211 2137
BBVA – ES88 0182 6035 4202 0162 6384
Banco Sabadell – ES74 0081 0167 4200 0173 8377
Action Against Hunger
The NGO Action Against Hunger is supplying basic food products to the Ukrainian population.
- You can collaborate by paying by card or Paypal at this link on their website.
The NGO Plan International has set up a donation channel for attend childhood in the war. You can contribute money through this link on their website.
help in action
Aid in Action is handing out food and basic supplies on the border with Slovakia. He also supports the work of local NGOs in Moldova and Romania and has sent humanitarian aid to Lviv and other places in Ukraine.
doctors of the world
Doctors of the world works for strengthen the health system in Ukrainenia and provides medical assistance in the country. Donations can be made:
- Using the form in this link to their website.
- Transfer by BIZUM to 33509.
- Bank transfer to the IBAN account ES54 2100 4466 9902 0002 0000.
- By calling the telephone numbers 902286286 or 915678601.
Farmamundi, the world’s pharmacist NGO, has already shipped two 4,700 kilo supplies with essential medicines and first aid material. In addition, it has launched an action in Poltava, in eastern Ukraine, where they will attend to 8,600 displaced by the war.
- You can collaborate through this link on their website.
George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.