Homes Under The Hammer star Martin Roberts ‘scared and emotionally battered’ in update


Homes Under The Hammer star Martin Roberts has said he is ‘scared and emotionally battered’ after revealing a heart condition left him just hours from death.

The TV presenter, 58, told on Thursday (April 22) how he was rushed to hospital following health scare on Wednesday (April 21) and said he had to undergo emergency surgery. Martin said that after feeling unwell things suddenly took a turn for the worse.

Taking to social media, Martin shared details of how a ‘massive amount of fluid’ was discovered around his heart. Martin shared a video explaining what has happened with the caption “So. Bit of a shocker. Thankfully I’m here to tell the tale…”

READMORE: Overwhelmed Kate Garraway hugs nurse after finding out she helped care for husband Derek on GMB

He said: “Well, I have to say this isn’t where I expected to be watching Homes Under the Hammer. Little bit of good news, a little bit of bad news. I ended up in the hospital in Bath yesterday. I had a few chest pains and just feeling generally lousy, so I was brought in here and it turns out I had a massive amount of fluid all around my heart.

“Had they not got rid of it, which they did in an emergency operation last night, then it’s sort of quite serious, like, hours to live kind of c***.“ So here I am, still around, thank goodness, thank god and angels, all those things.”

Martin, 57, went on: “There’s lots of other complicated things that have happened as a result, but we will work through those, and I’ll keep you updated. Meanwhile, there’s a good TV show on that I think I’ll watch here.”



Martin had first shared news of his health scare in a video on Twitter

After being flooded with get well soon messages, Martin has offered an update on his condition, telling The Sun: “Firstly, I have been overwhelmed by all the messages of love and support I’ve received. They mean the world to me and help lift my spirits, at a time I feel a bit scared and very emotionally battered, like you wouldn’t believe.

He went on to say that the heart problem had been “stabilized” but that doctors are still running tests to try and determine what caused the problem in the first place. “I’m being transferred to the respiratory team today as they think it might have started with a serious lung infection. I may be in hospital for another two weeks,” he added.




Martin also appeared on Channel 5’s The Jeremy Vine Show from hospital in Bath as he admitted it was a close call. “But the message is, if you have breathing problems, if you have a pain in your chest, especially blokes – we’re terrible at it.”

He then added: “Do you know what? If I didn’t go to hospital, I might have been dead Jeremy.”

The former I’m A Celebrity star, from Warrington, was recently inundated with support when he shared his journey to the Ukraine border with Poland after Russia began its invasion of the country. He drove 26 hours to get important supplies to war-torn Ukraine. Martin’s ‘mercy dash’ saw him take a ferry from Dover to Calais and onwards through France, Belgium and The Netherlands before heading for Germany and onto Poland.




www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *