Harry, Meghan and Andrew banned from Palace balcony amid ‘booing concerns’, Royal insiders claim

[ad_1]

Prince Andrew and the Sussexes were axed from Buckingham Palace balcony for the Queen’s Jubilee amid concerns that the crowd may boo them, Royal insiders have claimed.

Yesterday, news broke that Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and Prince Andrew were told to stay away from iconic moment to celebrate the Queen’s 70-year reign on June 2.

It was expected that trio would join the Queen on the balcony at Buckingham Palace for traditional Trooping the Color flypast from the RAF to mark the occasion.

A spokesperson for the Queen said that this event would only be limited to working members of the Royal Family.

But the Mirror is reporting that this may be an ‘elegant solution’ to concerns that the three could be booed by crowds in The Mall.

This comes amid the fallout over Prince Andrew’s sex case shame and following Harry and Meghan’s decision to quit Royal duties and move to the US.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said yesterday: “After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year’s traditional Trooping the Color balcony appearance will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the Royal Family who are currently undertaking official public duties.”

Just minutes after the Queen announced her cull, Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, vowed to bring their children Archie, three, and toddler Lilibet to the UK anyway. It will be their first visit with the family since leaving for America, amid a rift with Prince William and Kate.

See also  What does high inflation mean? What happens when inflation rises and what it means for Scotland


Prince Andrew’s royal patronages were returned to the Queen in January as he fought sex assault claims by Virginia Giuffre

Did you know you can keep up to date with the latest news by signing up to our daily newsletter?

We send a morning and lunchtime newsletter covering the latest headlines every day.

We also send coronavirus updates at 5pm on weekdays, and a round up of the week’s must-read stories on Sunday afternoons.

Signing up is simple, easy and free.

You can pop your email address into the sign up box above, hit Subscribe and we’ll do the rest.

Alternatively, you can sign up and check out the rest of our newsletters here.

A spokesman for the couple said: “Prince Harry and Meghan are excited and honored to attend the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children.”

It will be the first time the monarch has met Lilibet, who celebrates her first birthday on June 4. The couple will appear at other jubilee events.

Last month, Harry and Meghan met Prince Charles, 73, and Camilla, 74, briefly during a visit to Windsor to see the Queen on their way to the Invictus Games in the Netherlands.

But it is understood there is still much to be done to build bridges, especially between William and Harry.

Andrew, 62, had his military titles and royal patronages returned to the Queen in January as he fought sex assault claims by Virginia Giuffre.

The case was settled out of court in February, with the disgraced Prince paying an undisclosed settlement said to be at least £12million.

See also  Tom Ricketts declares 'absolute commitment' to diversity in bid to buy Chelsea

It will be the first time the Royal Family have appeared on the balcony since before the pandemic, at the Queen’s official birthday in 2019. There will be 18 members gathered for the photo. Despite her working royals-only rule, she made an exception for Princess Anne’s husband Vice Admiral Sir Tim, as he is a “frequent attendee and support for the Princess Royal on engagements”.

Others on the balcony include Charles and Camilla, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

But there is no room for Andrew’s daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie, or Princess Anne’s children Zara Tindall and Peter Philips.

The Palace released further details of the Jubilee arrangements, including how they have been tailored for the Queen’s comfort.

There will be no ceremonial journey to the service of thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral on June 3. And the monarch, who is facing mobility issues, will use a different entrance rather than scaling the steep steps.



Harry and Meghan have vowed to travel to the UK next month, despite the snub

A Palace spokesman said: “The Queen is looking forward to the weekend and will be taking part in the celebrations but her presence will not be confirmed until nearer the time.”

The 1760-built gold State Coach that took the Queen to her Coronation in 1953 will make its first appearance on the streets of London since she rode in it at her Golden Jubilee in 2002.

See also  Average UK house price 'arising by £33,000 over past year'

She will not be on board but film recorded as she traveled in it on the day she was crowned will be beamed on to the windows.



[ad_2]
www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.