Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have confirmed they will be coming to the UK with their children to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee next month – even though they will not make an appearance on the Buckingham Palace balcony
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have confirmed they will be attending the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations with their children.
A spokesperson for the couple said: “Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are excited and honored to attend The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children.”
Earlier today it was announced The Queen has banned Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and Prince Andrew from appearing on the Buckingham Palace balcony after Trooping the Colour.
It was announced earlier today she has limited the balcony appearance after the special Platinum Jubilee event to working royals only – with a few notable exceptions.
The Trooping the Color event on June 2nd – the sovereign’s official birthday parade – kickstarts the four days of Jubilee festivities, with 18 members of the royal family set to gather on the famous frontage.
The Queen has said shes “looking forward” the weekend of celebrations – with much speculation previously about who would appear on the balcony.
A Palace spokesman said: “After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year’s traditional Trooping the Color balcony appearance on Thursday, June 2 will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen.”
Joining the Queen on the balcony for Trooping will be Prince Charles, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra, and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence.
ANP/AFP via Getty Images)
Love the royals? Sign up for the Mirror’s daily newsletter to get all the latest news on the Queen, Charles, Kate, Wills, Meghan, Harry and the rest of The Firm. Click here to sign up.
Also set to appear for the historic occasion will be Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis and the Wessexes’ children Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn.
HRH has made an exception for five Royals – who are not working – but will appear on the balcony.
Princess Anne’s husband Vice Admiral Sir Tim, who is not a working royal, her two youngest grandchildren Lady Louise and James, and her Cambridge great-grandchildren George, Charlotte and Louis, will all appear.
The Palace spokesman added: “In addition, the Cambridge and Wessex children are also expected to appear as is Sir Tim Laurence, who the Queen is happy to attend as a frequent attendee and support for the Princess Royal on official engagements.”
George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.