Harry and Charles haven’t spoken since ‘awkward’ meeting with his dad ‘at a loss’


Exclusives:

Prince Harry and his dad had a ‘cordial but slightly awkward’ meeting last Thursday which lasted just 15 minutes. Sources close to Prince Charles said he is ‘at a loss’ to explain his son’s behaviour.

Prince Harry and Prince Charles have not spoken since their meeting last Thursday

Prince Harry has not spoken to his father Prince Charles since the pair had a “cordial but slightly awkward” meeting which lasted just 15 minutes last Thursday, The Mirror can reveal.

An insider said: “Harry loved seeing his grandmother again and he is acutely aware of her advancing years.

“He is desperate for Lily to meet her great-grandmother and for Archie to see her again now he is likely to enjoy and remember the event.”

Sources close to Prince Charles have said he is “at a loss” to explain his son’s behavior with his latest comments to American journalist Hoda Kotb this week.

Meanwhile, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were today questioned about Harry’s controversial comments about ensuring the Queen was “protected”, as the fallout from his incendiary interview continues.







Queen Elizabeth II seen on her 96th birthday today
(

Image:

Paul Marriott)

A broadcaster called out to William and Kate when they left the London headquarters of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) yesterday, as the organization announced its total fund for its Ukraine appeal had passed £300 million.

As the couple stepped into their chauffeur driven car a female broadcaster shouted: “Sir, does the Queen need protecting?”

The duke and duchess did not reply.

It comes as we revealed that Prince Harry’s aides are making plans for him to be by the Queen’s side to attend the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

Despite the Duke of Sussex publicly saying he has not decided whether to attend, his closest advisors believe he will want to go to fulfill his grandmother’s wish for him to join his family this summer.

Harry and Meghan’s attendance would cause a considerable headache for Buckingham Palace staff, amid a series of rifts that have intensified following Harry’s latest interview on American television.







Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at the Invictus Games
(

Image:

SplashNews.com)

The Duke made the astonishing claim that he went to see the Queen last week, ahead of a trip to The Netherlands to host the Invictus Games, to make sure she is “protected” and “got the right people around her”.

Harry, 37, also confirmed The Mirror’s exclusive report that he wants his two young children – Archie, two, and Lili, 10 months – to meet his grandmother and would try to arrange the family reunion soon.

When asked by American journalist Hoda Kotb for the breakfast show Today in the US if he is going to make the Jubilee celebrations, Harry said: “I don’t know yet, there’s lots of things – security issues and everything else.

“So this is what I’m trying to do, trying to make it possible that, you know, I can get my kids to meet her.”

Harry is currently locked in a bitter legal battle with the British government over the Home Office decision to take away his taxpayer funded security.

Through his lawyers at the High Court in the ongoing case, Harry claims his family are “unable to return to his home” because it is too dangerous.

However, sources close to the Sussexes’ camp have confirmed Harry is “in favour” of returning to the UK to take part in the celebrations.

One source said: “Harry is certainly in favor of going, so naturally plans are being put in place for him to make the trip should he want to confirm.

“There is the issue of security and the ongoing court case which needs to be sorted out.

“Previously it was a red line for Harry but there might be a resolution in the offering.

“Everything will hinge on that, but Harry loves seeing his grandmother and wants to spend time with her and his family.”







Prince Harry chats to Queen Elizabeth II on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during the annual Trooping the Color Ceremony on June 15, 2013
(

Image:

GettyImages)

The Mirror understands a resolution between the Duke and the Met Police could be on the cards, where he would be offered protection funded by the taxpayer if he was to attend public family events.

The Platinum Jubilee celebrations would potentially come into such an arrangement.

Harry and Meghan, 40, have been invited to appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

The four-day celebration from June 2-5 will see festivities taking place across the UK, including street parties, plus public ceremonies such as Trooping the Colour.




www.mirror.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *