Girl, 8, repulsed after biting into FROZEN McDonald’s McChicken sandwich

Simon Williams, from Cross Hands, took his 8-year-old daughter to his local branch of the fast food chain, but was shocked at what she received

Simon Williams, from Carmarthenshire, Wales, was left worrying that his daughter could have suffered food poisoning

A dad was left worrying for his daughter’s health after the youngster bit into a frozen McChicken sandwich.

Simon Williams, from Cross Hands in Carmarthenshire, Wales, took his little girl, eight, to his local chain but was left shocked at what she received.

Simon was concerned his daughter could have suffered food poisoning or become seriously ill if he hadn’t noticed the chicken was cold.

McDonald’s conducted a restaurant-level investigation which concluded a member of staff had not reheated the product before it was served, Wales Online reports.

Simon said: “We went to the drive throught at around 7.30pm for a chicken sandwich meal for my eight year-old daughter.

A restaurant-level investigation revealed that staff didn’t reheat the chicken


“When we went home my daughter said, ‘my chicken is freezing’ and she spat the chicken out thank goodness.

“When I felt the chicken it was freezing, it wasn’t cooked at all – stone cold.

“We took the meal straight back to Cross Hands Mc Donald’s and asked for the manager.”

McDonald’s apologized for the human error (File photo of McDonald’s sign)


Manchester Evening News)

Simon said the incident wasn’t the first to happen that evening.

He added: “As I was leaving, a lady came in holding a meal and I asked her ‘what’s wrong’, she replied saying it was frozen and It was the same meal I bought for my daughter.

“She said it wasn’t the first time it’s happened to her.

“This could have made my daughter seriously ill. The following day, I went back as the refund didn’t go into my bank.

“The manager was great, very apologetic, and gave me the refund.”

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “We are sorry to hear about this customer’s experience.

“Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections.

“Unfortunately on this occasion we did not meet these standards.

“As soon as the team were made aware, they conducted a restaurant-level investigation and concluded that the product had not been reheated fully due to human error.

“The restaurant team have been reminded of the correct procedures to help ensure this does not happen again.

“We would encourage the customer to contact our customer services team who can provide further assistance.”

The Mirror has contacted McDonald’s for further comment.

Read More

Read More

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *