Friday headlines: Dad has months to live after ‘running water out his nose’ and Scottish fugitive arrested

Hello and welcome to tonight’s Daily Record Top News Briefing.

The Record roundup keeps you up to date with the top stories from Scotland and beyond every day.

Today’s headlines include Dad being told he only has months to live after water spurted out of his nose, a Scottish fugitive arrested in Amsterdam, and the latest in Kris Boyd drama.

Here’s everything you need to know to stay up to date.

Dad who went to the GP when water came out of his nose told him he had months to live

Phil drank some of the water and some of it came out of his nose, so he knew something was wrong.
Phil drank some of the water and some of it came out of his nose, so he knew something was wrong.

A father received a horrifying diagnosis when he went to his GP after water came out of his nose when he was drinking.

Phil Sledden-Houston, who confesses to being a heavy smoker, was told he had a tennis ball-sized tumor that had to be removed from his cheek in a surgery that took more than 15 hours.

The 51-year-old received the heartbreaking news that the strange nasal faux pas was, in fact, a sign that he had advanced cancer and, without surgery, he only had a few months to live.

Read more.

Scottish fugitive Jamie ‘Iceman’ Stevenson arrested in Amsterdam with man wanted by Scotland Police

The NCA confirmed the news of Stevenson’s arrest

One of Scotland’s most wanted men has been arrested in the Netherlands with another fugitive after a major manhunt.

Jamie “Iceman” Stevenson, from Rutherglen, was arrested while jogging in Amsterdam around noon on Friday, February 4.

See also  Josh Warrington's fear of early retirement spurred him to important win – Eddie Hearn

The search for Stevenson intensified last month when an international wanted notice was published.

Read more.

A sleeping boy is chased away in a Glasgow airport taxi after being missed by the father and driver

File Image: The boy and his father were later reunited at Glasgow Airport
File Image: The boy and his father were later reunited at Glasgow Airport

A sleeping boy was accidentally taken into a Glasgow taxi after the driver and his father failed to realize he was still inside the vehicle.

The frantic father raised the alarm Friday morning after he and the child were to be dropped off in the Petershill Road area of ​​Maryhill.

But the boy, believed to be around five years old, was left in the car and then driven the 11 miles back to Glasgow airport, where he and his father had initially been picked up.

Read more.

Celtic blast Kris Boyd comments on Callum McGregor injury as fans said they ‘are being addressed’

Angry Celtic have revealed that the club are “addressing” comments made by former Kris Boyd about Callum McGregor.

The former striker wrote about the midfielder after he battled a fractured cheekbone to play against Rangers.

The Celtic captain would play a key role in demolishing Gio van Bronckhorst’s team 3-0 defeat as they slipped from first place in the Premiership.

Read more.

Pregnant woman left distraught after her mother’s cruel prank at gender reveal party

A pregnant woman was furious after her mother pranked her at a gender reveal party she was having.

Mom-to-be Ashlee had gathered her loved ones to reveal whether she was having a boy or a girl and was left reeling from her own mother’s trick.

See also  Mum slams Cristiano Ronaldo after claims star 'smashed' teenage son's mobile phone from his hand

Posting a clip to her TikTok, Ashlee showed off the moment the balloon popped, and if you look closely, you can see that the confetti coming out of the balloon is actually blue.

Read more.

Don’t miss out on the latest news from Scotland and beyond – sign up for our daily newsletter here.

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.