Four teens who stabbed and shot dead schoolboy, 15, outside his home jailed for life

[ad_1]

Keon Lincoln, 15, was stabbed eight times and shot twice during the 30-second onslaught that was filmed on CCTV in Birmingham on January 21

Keon Lincoln, The teenager murdered in a brutal attack
Keon Lincoln, the teenager murdered in a brutal attack

Four teenagers have been jailed for life for the murder of schoolboy Keon Lincoln who was stabbed and shot dead outside his home in January this year.

Keon Lincoln, 15, was stabbed eight times and shot twice during the 30-second onslaught that was filmed on CCTV.

After being “stabbed and hacked at” with the large knives, Keon was then shot in the stomach by 14-year-old Yussuf Mustapha as he lay defenceless on the ground.

The gunshots prompted Keon’s mum Sharmaine to run from her home into the street and she was heard screaming “he’s only 15” as her son lay dying.

The youngster was rushed to hospital following the broad daylight attack – but died two hours later.

Earlier this month four teenagers, the youngest aged just 14, were convicted of murdering the schoolboy in a planned attack in Birmingham on January 21.

Tahjgeem Breakenridge, one of the defendants
(

Image:

WMP / SWNS)

Michael Ugochukwu, another of the defendants
(

Image:

WMP / SWNS)

Yussuf Mustapha, 14, was today sentenced to life with a minimum term of 16 years at the city’s crown court. Mustapha’s co-defendants Tahjgeem Breakenridge, 18, and Michael Ugochukwu, 18, were both sentenced to life for murder with a minimum term of 19 years.

A 16-year-old Walsall youth also convicted of Keon’s murder, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was ordered to be detained at Her Majesty’s Pleasure and to serve at least 17 years.

A fifth teenager, Kieron Donaldson, 19, was sentenced to a 12-year custodial term for Keon’s manslaughter, having supplied weapons to those involved in the killing.Donaldson was told he will be entitled to release after serving two-thirds of the sentence.

Passing sentence, Lord Justice William Davis said the murder of 15-year-old Keon near his home in January this year had been “carefully planned and executed” using a revolver and a car stolen for use in the killing.

Police and forensics at the scene
(

Image:

Adam Hughes / SWNS)

“It’s quite clear that all who came from the car were party to the use of the gun,” the judge said.

Opening the case prosecutor at the beginning of October, Michael Burrows QC told Birmingham Crown Court: “The CCTV shows one of the individuals had a gun and shot at Keon Lincoln twice.

“One of the shots hit Keon Lincoln in the stomach and caused fatal injuries.”

The lawyer added: “The attackers were armed with lethal weapons. As soon as they saw Keon they got out of a car and chased and attacked him.

“Why, the prosecution cannot say. It lasted for about 30 seconds. The group surrounded him. He was shot at while on the ground.

“They continued to attack him, stabbing him. He managed to get up and run away.”

Yussuf Mustapha, from Birmingham, who was born in Italy and was said to be doing well at the same secondary school as Keon, was ordered to be named by a judge ahead of the sentencing today.

Lifting a previous court order, Lord Justice William Davis said the measure had represented a “substantial restriction” on the press’s ability to report on the case.

A youth aged 16 from Walsall, whose identity is protected by a court order, was found guilty of murder after being caught on CCTV armed with a large knife as Keon was attacked.

Detectives at the scene of the shooting
(

Image:

Adam Hughes / SWNS)

As well as ruling that it was in the public interest to name Mustapha, the judge said that a 16-year-old youth convicted of murder should be named.

But the judge stayed the lifting of the order on the 16-year-old, pending the outcome of an appeal against his conviction.

Neither youth’s address can be reported, the judge said.

QCs acting for both youths had argued against an application lodged by the PA news agency for the court to lift the order.

Tahjgeem Breakenridge, 18, from Balsall Heath; and Michael Ugochukwu, 18, of Edgbaston, were also found guilty of murder after 15 hours and 50 minutes of deliberations.

The 14-year-old was also convicted of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life while the 16-year-old, Breakenridge and Ugochukwu were all convicted of having an offensive weapon.

A fifth defendant, Kieron Donaldson, 18, was found guilty of the manslaughter of Keon.

Sharmaine Lincoln, mother of Keon, has spoken previously of her heartbreak
(

Image:

BBC / SWNS)

Keon’s mother Sharmaine Lincoln previously paid tribute to her son and spoke of her heartbreak.

She said: “I’ve lost a part of me, my heart has been ripped out of me.

“How do you live after your child has been taken away from you? It’s every parent’s worst nightmare.

“What he could have done to warrant this type of brutality doesn’t make sense.”



[ad_2]
www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Tragic last words of aristocrat's daughter, 25, who died after complaining of headache

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.