Faces of teenage killers who stabbed a child to death while parents thought they were sleeping

Reece Tansey was stabbed to death by 15-year-old James White and his friend Mark Nuttall, 15, who ran away from their homes in the wee hours and then taunted him on social media.

Reece, pictured, came to the fight alone and was stabbed six times.
Reece, pictured, came to the fight alone and was stabbed six times.

Two teenagers sneaked out of their houses at night and stabbed a boy to death. They are named for the first time.

James White and his friend Mark Nuttall, both 15, left their homes in the early hours of May 4, 2021 following a social media dispute with Reece Tansey and another boy.

The foursome agreed to meet for a fight at a park in Bolton, but on the way Reece’s friend said he decided to stay in bed.

Reece arrived alone and was stabbed six times.

He managed to get to a nearby house and call for help and with his dying breath said the name of his killers, the Manchester Evening News reported.

Reece was rushed to Royal Salford Hospital, but was officially pronounced dead at 5:45 a.m.

Manchester Crown Court heard that White took to Snapchat to brag about what he had done.

James White, 16, was found guilty of his murder of Reece Tansey and jailed for 15 years.


Middle MEN)

In one video, he was seen carrying a knife covered in blood along with the caption “muppet.”

The next day, White told his mother what he had done, so she gathered up the clothes he had been wearing, including a blood-stained glove that matched Reece’s DNA, and put them in a garbage bag.

White was then put into the car and taken to Bolton Police Station, where he was arrested at 1:25 p.m.

Police arrested the two teenagers, who were then 15 and 14 years old.

Mark Nuttall, 15, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to six years in prison.


Middle MEN)

After trial and 29 hours of deliberation, White, now 16, was jailed for 15 years, after being found guilty of murder.

Nuttall was found guilty of manslaughter and sentenced to six years.

He is scheduled to be released halfway through his sentence, two weeks before his 18th birthday.

Following a media appeal, Judge Justice Farbey today lifted the reporting restrictions that prevented them from being named.

CCTV footage released by police showed Reece Tansey being chased by the two boys.



During an earlier hearing, Reece’s mother, Laura, laid bare her family’s devastation.

She said: “Reece was our 15-year-old son, he made us smile, he made us laugh, he made us tear our hair out sometimes. A typical teenage boy, but he was ours.

“Reece was fiercely protective of his mother and little brother and saw himself as the man of the house. His father saw him as his best friend.

“Reece was just our world, and his death has devastated us beyond belief.

Investigating officers on the scene in Bolton, Greater Manchester


Middle MEN)

“When Reece was born, we never imagined that 15 short and wonderful years later, his life would be taken in an act of violence that is beyond comprehension.

“Instead of planning his 16th birthday, preparing and guiding Reece into adulthood, we found ourselves preparing for Reece’s funeral and having to explain to his little brother why Reece would never come home.

“Reece should not be another statistic in the pandemic that is knife crime. He was our son, he was loved unconditionally and he loved us wholeheartedly in return.

“Their future has been taken and so has ours.”


See also  Asda, Tesco and Iceland issue urgent warning about products pulled from shelves

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.