Dad ‘heaving’ after opening Aldi rice packet and sees it covered in ‘disgusting’ mold

[ad_1]

Alexis Adams says his teenage stepdaughter was the one who first opened the packet of curry, coriander and lime rice that had been bought from the supermarket in February

Mr Connellan was left
This packet of Aldi rice was found to be covered in mold

A dad was left “heaving” after opening a packet of microwave rice from Aldi to find it covered in mould, and says he also found blue plastic inside a packet of cooked chicken.

Now his family say they won’t go back to the supermarket in Burton, Staffordshire after the distressing incident.

Alexis Adams, 33, and partner John Connellan, 48, from Burton, said Mr Connellan’s 15-year-old daughter had opened the packet of curry, coriander and lime rice to have for her lunch when she saw it was covered in green and black mould.

The family, who regularly shop at the Aldi store in Horninglow Street, had bought the rice in February, Staffordshire Live reports.

Mr Connellan, a cold store operative, said he was left “heaving” after his daughter showed him the moldy rice.







A piece of blue plastic was found in a packet of cooked chicken bought from Aldi in Burton
(

Image:

STAFFORDSHIRE LIVE/BPM MEDIA)

The packet of chicken had been bought a few days after the rice, but was opened first. The family spotted the tiny piece of blue plastic and Mr Connellan took it back to the store in Horninglow Street, where he got a refund.

He says the rice was opened a few days later but was discovered to be mouldy.

Aldi has now issued an apology for any inconvenience caused to the family, saying a “foreign object” may have entered the packet of chicken, which is “very rare”.

It also said the packaging to the rice could have been damaged, causing air to get in, which is again rare.

Miss Adams, a care assistant, told Staffordshire Live: “I bought an Aldi own-brand packet of curry coriander and lime rice at the end of February.

“It had a best before date of June 26, 2023. My stepdaughter opened it on April 5 for her lunch and said, ‘What is that?'”







Alexis Adams with partner John Connellan and their family
(

Image:

STAFFORDSHIRE LIVE/BPM MEDIA)

Mr Connellan added: “I was heaving, it was disgusting. We have thrown everything out from Aldi. I had just been going out the door when she opened it. I took it to Aldi and they offered me a refund or exchange, but I refused both.

Miss Adams said: “We spend about £100 to £200 a week on food from Aldi. There are two adults and eight children. My stepdaughter was just devastated.”

An Aldi spokesperson said: “Our chicken supplier has robust processes in place to prevent foreign objects from entering its products and is looking into what may have occurred on this occasion.

“Although very rare, incidents like Ms Adams’ experience with our rice can occasionally occur if packaging is damaged at any point before the product is consumed, as the contents may be exposed to air.

“We have apologized for any inconvenience this may have caused her and have offered a full refund on both products.”

Read More

Read More



[ad_2]
www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Patagonia's sustainable commitment | The Mountaineer | sports

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.