Child rapist shot ‘appalling’ eight minute video of himself abusing little girl


Melvin Miller, 46, from Frome, Somerset – jailed for 16 years in 2020 – was found to have made an eight-minute video showing him raping a little girl after police re-searched his hard drive

Melvin Miller was jailed for 16 years in 2020 but was back before a judge on Friday

A sick child rapist made an “appalling” eight-minute video of himself raping a little girl.

Melvin Miller carried out a sadistic campaign of abuse in which he molested two girls from the ages of six and 11.

The 46-year-old, originally from St Helens, Merseyside, and then Frome, Somerset, was jailed for 16 years in 2020 for his crimes.

But yesterday he was back before a judge after it emerged he had carried out other rapes on one of his victims, reports the Liverpool Echo.

Liverpool Crown Court heard on Friday a fresh search of Miller’s hard drive found more evidence of his abuse, including the lengthy footage of a rape.

He had previously been found to have more than a quarter of a million indecent images of children in his possession.







Miller appeared at Liverpool Crown Court
(

Image:

Liverpool echo)

John Wyn Williams, prosecuting, said the new charges against the paedophile, who is serving his sentence at HMP Frankland in County Durham, came after fresh allegations from one of his victims.

Mr Williams said: “After he was sentenced, she made further disclosures. In that police interview, she alleged that she was raped by the defendant.”

Police then carried out new analysis of a hard drive they had seized from Miller and found footage of him raping the little girl.

Paul Lewis, defending, said Miller had initially not pleaded guilty to the offenses but later did so, avoiding the need for a trial.

In total, Miller pleaded guilty to three additional charges of rape, two of attempted rape and one of making an indecent video of a child.

The judge, Neil Flewitt QC, said the latest allegations revealed Miller’s abuse of the child had been even worse than previously known.







Miller is serving his sentence at HMP Frankland Prison in Co Durham
(

Image:

BBC)

Addressing the eight minute recording Miller took of himself committing abuse, Judge Flewitt called it “appalling”.

Judge Flewitt also sentenced Miller back in 2020.

That sentence of 16 years was referred to the Court of Appeal by the Attorney General under the allegation that it was too lenient.

The Court of Appeal upheld the original sentence, though noted that it was towards the lower end of the accepted range.

Speaking on Friday, Judge Flewitt said his aim was to have Miller’s jail term for all of his offenses reflect what it would have been had they been sentenced in one go.

That is because they were all part of the same stretch of criminal behavior and committed during the same period.







Police found more evidence of abuse after re-searching his hard drive
(

Image:

CambridgeNews)

He said this would mean following the same principles he followed during the 2020 sentencing hearing.

Judge Flewitt said: “I make it clear that I am not going to adjust, by a backdoor route, the sentence I imposed on that occasion because of those observations from the Court of Appeal.”

I have imposed a 15 year concurrent sentence on Miller.

That means the sentence will be served at the same time as his current sentences but will increase the period he is behind bars before being eligible for parole.

This would have been April 2028 but would now likely be towards the end of 2029.

Judge Flewitt said this aligned with how Miller would have been sentenced had the new allegations been known in 2020.

Speaking after the sentencing, Detective Inspector Yoseph Al-Ramadhan, said: “Miller’s offenses were truly appalling. He is a dangerous sexual predator, who will now face even longer in prison and a lifetime of monitoring.

“Thanks to the immense bravery of his victims, who are both still children, Miller was jailed for a significant period of time two years ago.

“The victim who has had the strength to recount more of his awful offending has enabled Merseyside Police, the Crown Prosecution Service and the courts to extend the time he will spend in prison and further protect the public from the harm Miller poses.

“It has been an extremely difficult process for the victims, and I want to take this opportunity to pay tribute to their courage.

“Despite the unimaginable suffering they were put through by Miller, they have come out of their experience with the strength and fortitude to speak to police and co-operate with the court process, and helped bring this dangerous man to justice.”




www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Police officer under investigation after he was filmed tasering Black delivery driver in traffic stop

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.