Care worker sisters carried out savage beating on helpless woman in revenge attack

Two heavy-drinking care workers took it in turns to sit on top of a helpless woman and punched her repeatedly in a vicious revenge attack.

The two sisters beat the woman while she was on the ground and one of them hit their victim 22 times before smashing her head on the ground three times.

She had rushed over to join her sister in the attack, who had already punched the victim “multiple times” first, Hull Crown Court heard.

The brutal talks followed an argument which “spiralled completely out of control”, HullLive reports.

READ MORE: Woman fighting for life after being hit by car while crossing the road

Paige Kilvington, 25, of Londesborough Street, Hull, and Nikita Kilvington, 24, of Kings Bench Street, Hull, admitted assaulting the woman, causing actual bodily harm, on November 28, 2020.

Nikita Kilvington also admitted assaulting a police officer, as an emergency worker, on September 18 last year.

Stephen Welch, prosecuting, said that the woman had fallen out with the two sisters over issues involving a relationship with another person.

She was drunk when she went round to Paige Kilvington’s house with two friends.

The woman received a text message from Nikita Kilvington saying: “Come round here now. You want to have a go, let’s go.”

Nikita Kilvington
Nikita Kilvington also admitted assaulting a police officer

She said that she was not there to cause a fight but she pushed Paige Kilvington, who hit her in return. They both ended up on the ground in the street, with Paige Kilvington on top of her, straddling her and repeatedly punching her.

See also  PDSA taking care of pets - And they called it puppy love but what is reality?

“She was dragged with difficulty from the victim,” said Mr Welch.

Nikita Kilvington had been watching from a window at the house and walked over to help her sister.

She got on top of the victim and punched her 22 times before smashing her head against the ground three times.

“The attack was then broken up with considerable effort,” said Mr Welch.

The victim was unsteady on her feet and bleeding so heavily that she could not see.

She suffered multiple facial injuries, including a 3cm cut to her scalp and injuries to her nose, eye and jaw.

Nikita Kilvington later admitted that she “saw red” and grabbed the woman but went too far.

In the separate assault, Nikita Kilvington joined in with an attack on a police dog handler outside Atik nightclub in Dagger Lane, Hull.

She drunkenly punched and pulled at the officer and his dog while he was “very dazed” and drifting in and out of consciousness after being punched very hard in the face by a man.

Richard Butters, mitigating, said it was a “serious case” but Paige Kilvington felt “shame” and “disgust” with her behaviour.

“She can’t believe what she did,” said Mr Butters.

“She never anticipated violence that night. It all erupted and spiraled completely out of control.

“It didn’t help that the complainant was drunk and that she went round to the Kilvingtons’ house and first assaulted Paige Kilvington.

“She is devastated about her actions. She thinks about what she did to that complainant every day.”

Paige Kilvington had shed “genuine tears of remorse” and struggled every day about what she had done.

See also  Tragedy after promising Manchester actor, 27, died after 'falling ill' in Costa Rica

“The remorse that she shows is palpable,” said Mr Butters.

Paige Kilvington had “wonderful qualities” and was “generally an impressive individual.”

She worked as a care worker for three years, helping people with disabilities, although she was suspended and on maternity leave at the moment.

She had an eight-year-old son and a newborn baby daughter aged eight weeks.

Rachel Scott, representing Nikita Kilvington, said that the mother-of-one was very remorseful for both incidents.

She had described her actions as “awful” during the attack on the woman.

“She saw red and her behavior was entirely out of character for her,” said Miss Scott.

“Since both incidents, she has felt just dreadful.

“She is just embarrassed to be before the court. She is mortified. She has firmly learned her lesson.”

Manchester’s courts are some of the busiest in the country with a vast array of cases heard every week.

To keep up to date with how justice is being served across Greater Manchester subscribe to our free weekly MEN Court News newsletter put together by our court reporters Andrew Bardsley and Amy Walker.

How do I sign up?

  1. First just click on this link to our newsletter sign-up centre.
  2. Once you’re there, put your email address where it says at the top, then tick the MEN Court News box. There are other newsletters available if you want them as well.
  3. When you’ve made your choice, hit Save Changes button at the bottom.

Nikita Kilvington had been brought up as a “lovely girl” and never wanted to be before a court again.

See also  Menopause: the best skincare for menopausal skin

“She clearly has a problem with binge drinking and is using alcohol as a crutch,” said Miss Scott.

“She has replaced binge drinking with regularly going to the gym.

Nikita Kilvington worked as a support worker at the same place as her sister, caring for disabled people, but was also suspended.

She had a three-year-old son, who had health problems.

Both sisters had no previous convictions.

Judge Sophie McKone told the pair that they both used “gratuitous violence in public” and their behavior was “completely and utterly over the top” during the attack.

“It’s sickening to see people behaving in that way in public or, indeed, anywhere,” said Judge McKone.

“It was at times quite a savage beating.”

Smashing the victim’s head against the ground was “incredibly dangerous” and could have caused “very significant injuries” to her.

“She was badly injured but, fortunately, not as badly as she might have been, having been attacked by you and punched multiple times,” said Judge McKone.

Paige Kilvington was given a 15-month suspended prison sentence and Nikita Kilvington 20 months suspended.

They were each given 100 hours’ unpaid work, a three-month 8pm to 6am curfew and 15 days’ rehabilitation.

To get the latest email updates from the Manchester Evening News, click here.

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.