BREAKING: Two more teenagers arrested as part of Kennie Carter murder investigation – eight have now been questioned

[ad_1]

Two more teenagers have been arrested today on suspicion of the murder of 16-year-old Kennie Carter.

The latest arrests now brings the number of teenagers being questioned about the tragic incident to eight.

Teenager Kennie died last Saturday, January 22, after suffering a fatal wound to the chest after a suspected stabbing on Thirlmere Avenue in Stretford.

Greater Manchester Police have this evening announced that eight arrests have now been made in total – including two boys aged 16 and 15 who were taken into custody earlier today (Tuesday 25 January).

READ MORE

Six of the boys remain in custody sites across Greater Manchester to be questioned by investigators from GMP’s Major Incident Team.

Two other suspects – aged 17 and 15 – who were arrested on Sunday 23 January have been released after questioning with no further action to be taken against them.

Police confirmed that six warrants have so far been executed in relation to the investigation.

Some of the remaining scenes in the Stretford area will be removed as the day progresses.

Kennie’s family are understood to have been regularly updated with the investigation’s progress.

Some of the remaining scenes in the Stretford area will be removed as the day progresses.

Greater Manchester Police have said that inquiries so far have helped detectives form a ‘developed early picture of the events that led to Kennie’s death’.

But they are continuing to appeal to the public for any more information.

They are keen to see any dash-cam, CCTV, or doorbell footage that may have been captured from the Stretford area on Saturday night – especially around the Moss Road, Davyhulme Road, and Thirlmere Avenue areas.

See also  FPL team tips: Fantasy Premier League double game week, who should you captain and what is wildcard

Anyone who may live in those areas or who was passing through those roads between 6-7pm on Saturday has been urged to check any footage they may have and to get in touch with police with anything that could appear suspicious.

An online portal has been opened for anyone to submit footage and any other digital assets here.

Greater Manchester Police have this evening announced that eight arrests have now been made in total

Detective Chief Inspector Alicia Smith, of our Major Incident Team, said: “After already conducting numerous inquiries with witnesses, CCTV, people in the community and speaking to several suspects, we’re developing a greater picture by the hour into the events that night that tragically ended with the death of young Kennie.

“Given this is a fast-moving and complex investigation it’s vital the public continue to feed into us information that initially may not appear relevant, but could provide highly significant in our inquiry.

“We’ve launched our online portal for anyone with footage or images from the night to send them to us, and I am particularly appealing to people who may have been passing through Stretford to check any CCTV, dash-cam or doorbell video and send it to us.

“The Stretford area will still have been fairly busy in the aftermath of a football match at Old Trafford a couple hours earlier, and we are confident that someone we have not yet spoken to has some important information that could be key to our investigation.”

Anyone can contact us with information – no matter how significant it may seem – on 0161 856 9908 quoting incident 2529 of 01/22/2022.

See also  The Queen and all the Royals who have previously tested positive for coronavirus

Details can be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

Sign up to the MEN email newsletters to get the latest on sport, news, what’s on and more by following this link



[ad_2]
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.