BREAKING: Family of a ‘loving and caring young man’ who died in horror stabbing pays emotional tribute

[ad_1]

Emotional tributes have been paid to a teenager who died after being stabbed to death in a Greater Manchester town centre.

Abdikarim Abdalla Ahmed has been identified as the 18-year-old who died after being stabbed on Friday, March 11, Greater Manchester Police have confirmed today (Sunday).

His family have issued a heartfelt tribute in the wake of the death, pleasing with parents ‘to speak to their children and know what’s going on in their lives, before their child is taken away’.

READMORE:

At around 3.50pm on Friday, police received a report of a stabbing on Market Street, Bury.

Emergency services attended and a man was taken to hospital but he was sadly pronounced dead a short while later.

He has since been formally identified as 18-year-old Abdikarim Abdalla Ahmed, although his age has previously been shared as 19.

His next-of-kin are continuing to receive support from specialist officers.



Areas of the town center were taped off as investigations began on Friday

Abdikarim – known as Abdi to friends and family – has been described by his mother as ‘a loving, caring person who helped and looked after his family from a young age’.

In an emotional statement, issued by Greater Manchester Police, she said: “My beautiful boy Abdi passed away far too young and with his whole life ahead of him, he was taken from us too soon, and in the worst possible way.

“My boy was a victim of knife crime, I beg all parents to speak to their children and know what’s going on in their lives, before their child is taken away.”

See also  St Patrick's Day Marmite Infused Guinness Dip and Skinny Fries recipe


Abdikarim Abdalla Ahmed

A 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been charged with murder.

He has been remanded into custody ahead of an appearance at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Monday 14 March 2022

Two teenagers, aged 15 and 16, have since been released on bail.



Police in Bury after the stabbing

Detective Superintendent Lewis Hughes, appealing to the public for information about the attack, said: “I’d like to reiterate that our thoughts remain with the family and loved one’s of the young man who was very sadly killed yesterday afternoon.

“This has been a fast paced investigation and I am pleased to say detectives have made three arrests overnight in connection with his death. Although they remain in custody for questioning our investigation is still in its initial stages and we are continuing to appeal to anyone who may have been in the area at the time to come forward and assist police.

“This incident occurred in broad daylight in a Bury town center so it is highly likely there are members of the public who witnessed the assault or may have mobile phone footage from around the town. If you were in Bury town center and saw any disturbance in or around Millgate Shopping Center then we ask that you contact Greater Manchester Police.

“This is shocking incident of violence and I want to assure the public we are continuing to work at pace to ensure those responsible face justice and we provide this young man’s family with the answers they deserve.”

See also  Ukraine-Russia: Evacuation of Mariupol residents continues as president Volodymyr Zelensky hails success of 'vital' corridor

Inquiries are ongoing and anyone with information or video footage should contact Greater Manchester Police quoting incident reference 1940 of 11/03/22 via 0161 856 6330 or gmp.police.uk.

Alternatively, the independent charity – Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.



[ad_2]
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.