Bomb disposal have searched a property in Linlithgow that police have guarded for nearly a week following an ‘incident’ that saw one man arrested.
The specialist team attended Lennox Gardens on Tuesday afternoon and could be seen alongside military personnel, police and other emergency services.
Forensic work tents are stationed at the premises in question, which is surrounded with multiple emergency services vehicles.
Police Scotland have confirmed to the Record that Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) were at the Lennox Gardens on Tuesday and completed a search, but have since left the scene.
We previously told you that marked police vehicles arrived at the scene on Wednesday, April 6, around 2.30pm.
A 61-year-old man was arrested in connection with an ‘incident’ linked to the property but was then released pending further inquiries.
Today, Police Scotland said the man was arrested for Guilty and Reckless conduct.
Officers remain in attendance at the scene and inquiries are still ongoing.
They’ve also urged that “there is no cause for concern or risk to the public”.
A police cordon can be seen around the Linlithgow property, stretching across the front of the home and to the back garden.
A nearby footpath is also taped off.
One neighbor told us that a 24-hour guard had been in place ever since last Wednesday with emergency crews coming and going from the scene on Monday.
The local, who asked not to be named, said that a 24 hour guard had been in place ever since before a flurry of activity from the emergency services today.
The Daily Record and Sunday Mail have always been at the forefront when it comes to reporting crime in Scotland.
But did you know all the ways you can stay informed of the top crime and court headlines?
We share live crime news and exclusive court stories as well as features and columns on historical cases, keeping our readers informed and updated across the country.
They told Daily Record: “The police have been lying in wait here since 2.30pm last Wednesday. They didn’t just swoop on it today.
“There’s been a constant police presence in this cul-de-sac ever since. The police van would sit and wait. I believe it had a camera inside and at night time the headlights would go on.
“The only time that the van would leave is when another police vehicle was coming. It’s never been left unmanned since last Wednesday. It’s been round the clock.
“There was a flurry of activity today. At one point, there were nine police vehicles – one was an incident unit. There was a fire truck and there was also an ambulance.
“As far as I know, they’ve not even been inside that property. I think if it was a body, surely they would have started digging before now.
“We’re all completely puzzled and what the police have said to us is that we’re not to be alarmed. They only told us that today though.
“They’ve not said anything up until now. A few neighbors had approached them and they’ve just said there was nothing to worry about.
“It’s been really unnerving because of how long they’ve been here. There is a tent up in the garden which certainly wasn’t there the other day.
“Everyone is completely flummoxed. This has to be something majorly serious to justify these kinds of man hours.”
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “A-61-year-old man has been arrested for Guilty and Reckless conduct. He has been released pending further inquiry.
“Officers remain at the scene and inquiries are ongoing. There is no risk to the wider public.
“We can confirm that the EOD did attend and have since left having completed their search of the address.”