Arthur Labinjo-Hughes’ killer eats McDonald’s and ice cream as boy starved in hallway

[ad_1]

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes’s body was found to be covered in 130 bruises following his death. His stepmother Emma Tustin, 32, and his father Thomas Hughes have been jailed

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes parents seen with ice cream while child starved

An evil stepmother and her partner scoffed McDonald’s food and ate an ice cream while Arthur Labinjo-Hughes starved in the hallway, new footage shows.

The boy’s father Thomas Hughes and his girlfriend Emma Tustin, 32, can be seen relaxing on the sofa at their home in a video released by West Midlands Police.

The monster couple enjoyed an ice cream cone while six-year-old Arthur was deprived of food.

In another video released by the police force, Tustin was filmed tucking into two McDonalds Happy Meals in her front room using a toy as a table.

The cruel couple were jailed after abusing and poisoning Arthur – but their “lenient” sentences are set. to be referred to the Attorney General for review.

Tustin was also filmed eating McDonald’s food while little Arthur starved in the corridor
(

Image:

West Midlands Police)

Tustin, 32, was handed a life sentence and will serve a minimum of 29 years while Thomas Hughes, 29, was jailed for 21 years.

Solihull MP Julian Knight has said he plans to refer the sentences for the Attorney General review under the Unduly Lenient Sentence scheme.

The pair had gone to trial after Arthur suffered an “unsurvivable” brain injury while the country was on lockdown.

During the harrowing eight-week case at Coventry Crown Court, jurors heard Tustin carried out the fatal assault while she had sole care of Arthur at her home in Cranmore Road, Solihull, on June 16, 2020.

She was said to have fetched her mobile phone immediately afterwards to take a photograph of the youngster as he lay dying in the hallway of her home in Solihull, West Midlands.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes was tortured and murdered
(

Image:

Madeleine Halcrow)

Tustin then took 12 minutes to call 999, instead first ringing Hughes, before lying to medics and later telling police that Arthur “fell and banged his head”.

The boy died in hospital the following day.

In his sentencing comments, Mr Justice Mark Wall QC said the couple’s behaviour towards the boy was often “spiteful” and at times “sadistic”.

Tustin was found guilty of murder and Hughes of manslaughter.

Today, a former children’s minister suggested Arthur’s murder by his stepmother should prompt change around social care.

Tim Loughton said “we” all have a “duty” to make sure other vulnerable children are not let down by social care in the same way as Arthur, whose body was found to be covered in 130 bruises following his death.

The child was attacked at home in Solihull and died in hospital the following day
(

Image:

PA)

The Tory MP wrote in The Sun: “Funding for children’s social care has lagged behind and social workers are overstretched and undervalued, when in truth they should be revered as our fourth emergency service.

“Early interventions to stop the causes of safeguarding problems have been diluted to late interventions to firefight symptoms.

“This is a false economy where in this case a child paid with his life. We all have an interest in putting this right urgently and a duty to make sure it is.”

Solihull’s Local Child Safeguarding Partnership launched an independent review after it emerged in court that the boy had been seen by social workers just two months before his death, but they concluded there were “no safeguarding concerns”.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Friday said ministers will leave “absolutely no stone unturned” to establish what went wrong in the “appalling” case.

Speaking during a by-election campaign visit in north Shropshire, Mr Johnson said: “It is early days, but I can tell you this, we will leave absolutely no stone unturned to find out exactly what went wrong in that appalling case.”

Education Secretary Nadhim Zahawi said he would be making a statement on the case to Parliament on Monday.

Read More

Read More



[ad_2]
www.mirror.co.uk

See also  Man's fury at housing association as he's left without heating for SIX WEEKS after boiler broke

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.