Armed police seal off street and arrest six after young man fatally stabbed

Armed police have cordoned off a street after a man was stabbed to death with six suspects arrested in connection with the incident.

Despite the best efforts of medics to save the 25-year-old victim, he died in hospital as a result of his injuries, the Mirror reports.

The tragedy was the result of an altercation which took place at an address in a residential street at around 1am on Saturday, March 5.

Police officers have since been seen going in and out of the property on Marshall Wallis Road in South Shields, Tyne and Wear.

The road has now been taped off with armed guards surrounding one of their vehicles and a sniffer dog also present at the scene.

It has also been reported that specially trained officers have also been searching drains in the area.

In a statement Northumbria Police said: “Officers are appealing for witnesses following the death of a 25-year-old man.

“Shortly before 1am yesterday (Saturday), police received a report of an altercation having taken place at an address on Marshall Wallis Road, South Shields.

“Emergency services attended and found a 25-year-old man with injuries consistent of being caused by a bladed article.

“The man was taken to hospital but sadly passed away from his injuries hours later.

“His family are currently being supported by specialist officers.”

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Woods, who is leading the investigation, said: “First and foremost, our thoughts are with the man’s family and friends at this extremely difficult time.

See also  One of the UK's oldest paedophiles, 85, ten months into sentence 'choking on drink'

“They are being supported by specialist officers and we will continue to offer them any support they need.

“We would ask that their privacy is respected as they continue to try to come to terms with their loss.”

He added: “We want to reassure the man’s family that we are doing all we can to understand the full circumstances which led to this tragedy and bring anyone involved to justice.

“We understand that a number of people may have been present at the time of the incident and would appeal to anyone who hasn’t already come forward to contact us.

“Extra officers will remain in the area as we continue to carry out inquiries and we ask anyone with any concerns or any information to speak to them or by contacting us online or by phone.

“Any information you have, no matter how insignificant you believe it may be, could be crucial to the investigation.”

Anyone with information is being urged to contact the police

At 6pm, seven armed officers aimed their firearms towards one of the terraced properties, reports say.

One local told The Sun: “It’s a really scary thing when there are armed police on the street.

“I left my door unlocked last night by accident.

“It really makes you worry about your safety.”

Another added: “My husband went out to get a paper.

“When he came back he said the area had been cordoned off by police.”

Craig Connor/ChronicleLive./Mirror
At 6pm, seven armed officers aimed their firearms towards one of the terraced properties

A North East Ambulance Services spokesperson said: “We were called at 00.52am this morning to an incident at a private address on Marshall Wallis Road in South Shields.

See also  Ottawa police investigate some anti-vaccine protesters

“We felt three of our Hazardous Area Response teams and an emergency ambulance crew, who took one patient to hospital.”

Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here .

Related Posts

George Holan

George Holan is chief editor at Plainsmen Post and has articles published in many notable publications in the last decade.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.