Sawvel: Life in the REAL world (last installment)

Left to right: Michelle Coffee, Jamie Sawvel, Alexis Merrell

Jamie Sawvel, Staff Writer

This is the last installment and it was an honor writing these and letting all of you know about me and my life.

Graduation was May 6, 2016. It was bittersweet. I know that I am moving on but I will miss Frank Phillips College and the professors. My two years here have been the best two years of my life. I have made many new friends that will be in my heart for the rest of my life. We all will be going our separate ways and may not see each other as often as we have in the past two years, but we are all following our dreams of a better life for ourselves and our families.

One of the friends I will miss the most I consider my best friend. It is Alexis Merrell, assistant editor of the Plainsmen Post. She does not know that I am writing this about her but she is one of the most vibrant women I have ever met and I would not have changed meeting her for anything in the world.

She will be moving to South Texas so she won’t be close and that sucks the most. Another friend I will miss is Michelle Coffee. We have had at least one class together each term that we have been here. She is a strong single mother who has not let anything stand in her way of achieving her dream. These are just two of the strong women that I have met throughout my studies at Frank Phillips College.

As for me, I will be going forward with my studies at West Texas A&M in the fall of 2016. I will be pursuing my bachelor’s degree in sociology. I will have about two more years of studying and then I can go forward with my career. I still do not know what it is exactly that I want to do because there are so many career choices with a bachelor’s degree in sociology, so we will see where the road takes me. This journey has been one filled with heartache, joy, late night cram sessions, and mornings where it seemed that I could not stay awake. Yet I would not trade those days for anything else in the world.

So I say goodbye Frank Phillips College. You have helped me grow so much as a person.

And hello to the rest of my life.